Computer/TV/Music speakers?
Feb 9, 2012 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Antic

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone. I know this isn't really headphone related but was wondering if I could get some help with some speakers.

Currently i'm living at home of which my room was the TV room so has surround sound built into the ceiling/wall so this is working for me currently. Though when I move out I will need a nice sound system that is suitable to my needs. I'd like to have a receiver at my desktop for music listening and have maybe my TV and what not situated all around it for use as well from the speakers. Basically I just need some insight on what I should look to spend as well as what I should look for when investing in a pair of floor or mounted speakers. Size isnt really a concern to me I would just like some nice speakers that will not require an external subwoofer with them. From the looks of this, speakers can be achieved pretty cheap nowadays especially on classifieds like Craigslist. I don't need the reciever as I will have access to the one that's currently in use in my room.

Can someone give me guidance to what I need to be looking for or some input or direction on what I should buy? Can a nice setup be bought for under $300 as far as strict speakers go?

Thanks!
Antic

EDIT: I do also have a DJ Setup with 2 turntables and do listen to a lot of records so speaker quality is important to me. I want these speakers to be great for TV, Music, and gaming/other entertainment.

Feb 10, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #2 of 2
Since u stated that size is no concern and prefer solutions with no need for external subs then look for a pair of nice floor standers and in the used market something like the Infinity Primus P360 or even vintage ones in good condition. I went with some Jap vintage floor standers recently and they turn my living room to a small disco hehe
http://www.stereophile.com/content/infinity-primus-360-loudspeaker-measurements

Users who are viewing this thread

Back