Computer to Audio Technica A900
Jul 11, 2009 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

GloryField

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I have an audio technica a900, currently my computer has integrated audio from an asus p5q pro motherboard.

Problem is, I can't hear the difference between the A900 and something like a KSC35 or a creative ep630. I'm guessing I need like an amp or a dac or both. Do I need a discrete sound card?

Does anyone know anything that would be enough to power the A900? (I won't be upgrading from the A900 for the next 10 yrs or so lol, will be in huge debt from going to school) It doesn't have to be very portable. I'm looking for something preferably less than $200 or 1500 yuan. Budget not set in stone and I can go up if needed, if something is truly much better. I will be buying it when I go to China (Guanzhou, Shenzhen, and Hong Kong) this winter. If there's something cheaper in the US then that works too. But I definitely don't want to deal with customs. So either shipped from within US, or bought in China and brought back with me to the US.

Thanks!

Jul 11, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #2 of 3
1) Are you mad? You can't hear the difference between A900s and CX300s (EP630s)? It's a world of difference! The CX300s, being similar to EP630s (which are probably rebrands), are have heavy bass that drowns out the mids and highs. A700s (which I have, not A900s) have a much more even sound. And this is all on an ALC885 chipset. You know, the Realtek one.

Try another listen. I don't believe you.

2) Anything can power the A900.

3) You'll probably be buying and shipped from the US. Well, unless you got a Compass.

But who knows. I'm sure you might find something when you go hit MK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back