computer speakers on a budget
Jul 5, 2013 at 4:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

msd94

New Head-Fier
I'm on a very tight budget as i'm heading to college soon, but i would really like a decent pair of speakers (2.0 would probably be cheaper, i dont mind lack of bass as long as it's still somewhat there). what i'd like is just an upgrade from the built in speakers off my 32" tv i'm using as a monitor, (thin speakers really are terrible...) and i would love if they could sound at least as good as my IEMS (klipsch s4's) so i don't think it should be too much, i'm not an audiophile but i do appreciate good sound quality as i listen to music around 13 hours a day and like my games to sound nice too.

the main types of music i listen to would be rap, rock, and breakbeats (most of which are old school funk/remixes)
my budget would probably be around $50, but it could go up a little if it's REALLY worth the extra money since from what i've seen that seems to be a tight budget even for 2.0 speakers.

Jul 5, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #2 of 9
Not sure there is a whole lot of audio quality differences for $50 computer speakers.
I would say to buy whatever is on sale, discounted, on close out, mail in rebate, etc, for $50 or less.
(Logitech, Creative Labs)

Check the website Techbargins

Jul 6, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #4 of 9
okay, they seem to be good speakers. and the wire and cable's not a problem as i can get those from work. thank you. are they  currently on sale or do i have time to decide before buying?

Jul 7, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
okay, they seem to be good speakers. and the wire and cable's not a problem as i can get those from work. thank you. are they  currently on sale or do i have time to decide before buying?

I've only seen them selling at $50 so either world longest sale or its there normal price.

Jul 7, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #6 of 9
Jul 8, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
+1

This setup would probably be your best bet. Then since you like bass heavy music genres, save up to add a subwoofer down the road.

thanks for the suggestion, but my computer isn't used often for listening to music, so this should suffice. and if you've heard rappers like common market and blue scholars, not all (at least the good stuff in my opinion) rap is bass heavy, nor are many breakbeats

Jul 15, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #8 of 9
definitely a great set up for the price. just finished and i'm definitely happy with what i got for what i paid for. they may not be audiophile grade but i didn't expect that for what i could afford and wouldn't make much of a difference with the number of lossy formatted music i have. lyrics are a little weak so if this is *very* important to you, look elsewhere, aside from that though no complaints. thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back