computer speakers driving me nutz cant choose
Sep 7, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #18 of 31
Do not overlook Altec Lansing.

They've kind of moved away from the home theater/hifi scene (not sure why, LOVED their house sound), but their computer speaker devices are big time bang for the buck.

Check out: http://www.alteclansing.com/ae/us/computer-speakers/expressionist+0153-ultra-mx6021/invt/mx6021/&bklist=icat,3,shop,homespeakers

I'm not one to sternly recommend things, but Altec really has the digital computer speaker thing figured out.

Sep 7, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #19 of 31
i looked at altec but the reviews are not even close to as good for it as the logitech z623 or klipsch promedia 2.1 and are more expesive and sub is huge compared to the speaker size 

and didnt they stop making the Z2300  i kept running into the name in reviews that none of these are as good as it was

Sep 7, 2011 at 1:51 PM Post #20 of 31
The z2300 was replaced with the Logitech z623, I use my z2300 with my tv it's all it's good for because with music it sounds rubbish and overheats.
The Edifier M3300SF should be in your budget I recommend that it's the best 2.1 system at that price point.

Sep 7, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #21 of 31
hmm you are right but what about the http://www.esidistribution.com/ShopEdifier/tabid/62/ProductID/38/Default.aspx  wouldn't they be a step up and have a little bit more power than those though i like how they dont take up as much space with i had the money for the S730 though it looks awesome and more than enough power but is 500 *bangs head against wall* and i can find the S330D for about 150 and the M3300SF for about 100 

Sep 7, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #24 of 31
z2300 is great for computer audio I know they sound better than that klip system. But they are horrible compared to good monitors or passives which I upgraded to about 2 years ago. I have had the Z2300 for maybe 6 years never any issues no overheating (in fact i have never heard anyone have that prob before), only the LED on the volume control went out but its easy to replace. I still use just the sub from the z2300 in my current system but I rarely use it cause my klipsch passives give me enough bass

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #27 of 31
I forgot about the z2300. A friend of mine has them in his bedroom and they do sound very, very good for their extremely low price. I never A/Bd them with my Promedias (died several years ago) but I think the satellites have a similar level of detail and the sub is probably better on the Logitechs.

The z2300 was replaced by the z623 or whatever it is but it looks like Logitech's newest line of speakers is slightly worse than the ones they replaced (the new 5.1 is definitely inferior to the z5500) looks liek they pulled a Volkswagen and decided to cut manufacturing costs and ended up with a slightly worse (but still quite good) product.

Sep 8, 2011 at 2:36 AM Post #28 of 31
Wow I could sell my Z2300 for over twice what I paid new on Amazon. For that price diff not worth it maybe if you can find them around $150 somewhere but my quick search yielded nothing.

Sep 8, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #29 of 31
was going to buy them last night but didnt cuz i am low on money atm and was like i will think about it more in the morning now the cheapest is like 30 more and that doesnt include shipping and handling :frowning2: should have just got it last night

Users who are viewing this thread

Back