Computer sound vs analog sound
Mar 8, 2011 at 7:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Wiched

New Head-Fier
I have Yamaha KX-393 deck and a pc soundcard M-audio audiophile 2496. I want to know wich one is better to listen to music.
I don't have the same music source to play on both to compare right now. What do you think?

Mar 9, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #2 of 4
I think in this instance the computer would be better. If you had analog such as a vinyl or reel to reel setup, that would be better than a computer. I think personally that digital trumps the standard tape deck.

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #4 of 4
A cd player is digital it has a dac to convert to analog, a cd player vs a usb dac my cd player is a philllips cd630 with a TDA1541A DAC chip my usb dac is a fiio e7/e9 with a Wolfson WM8740 chip , the only difference in sound i can hear is the different dac chips , the phillips has a more upfront thicker sound , the fiio has better bass/treble extension, slightly better soundstage and is smoother. if you had a cd player and usb dac with the same dac chip i don't think you would actually notice the difference between the two.
If you using a pc use the waspi plug-in it gives a more analog less processed sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back