computer sound solution help...
Sep 9, 2011 at 2:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

buencamino

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, guys, good day.. was just curious... I've been reading over some stuff but I still can't decide as to what to do with my computer...

but the decision was to just buy a pa2v2 amp then link it with motherboard audio output (the ones that came with the motherboard, default) and use the amp as the primary source for sound quality and then use a good headphone (grado sr-60) for my audio... is that combination good...? or wrong...? I was thinking buying a pa2v2 was an economical choice since when I do go out, I'll just unplug the amp and bring it along with my iPod and grados for portability as well...

Or should I just get a creative sound card and do away with the pa2v2... I'm sort of new to the amplifying sound thing... do I need a sound card to pair with the pa2v2...?

so.. the setup will be like..

pc motherboard audio out -> pa2v2 (amp) -> headphones

I don't know what a dac is, is that the audio card? I saw setups like...

dac -> amp -> headphones

or is it,

audio card -> dac -> amp -> headphones

is that the correct way to connect?

ps. I'm not sure if the pa2v2 battery will hold out in that kind of setup since it is run on battery... but it is rechargeable so I think if I use it heavily on the computer then I could just run out to my local electronics store and buy a li-ion battery similar to the one used for the amp.

thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back