Computer settings for Nuforce Icon HDP and Denon 7000
Mar 21, 2012 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

steel108

Head-Fier
I am currently running the Nuforce Icon HDP via USB to my desktop with my Denon 7k. What settings should I use for Windows 7 and foobar???

When playing back some vinyl rips, I get the following error:

Playback Error

Unrecoverable playback error: Unsupported stream format: 96000 Hz / 24-bit / 6 channels

I am currently using the following:

For foobar, I am using WASAPI: Speakers (Nuforce Icon HDP DAC) with the output format set to 24-bit

In Windows 7, in the Control Panel (Sounds), I have the settings at 24 bit, 96000 Hz in the Advanced tab for the Nuforce.

Thanks for any help....

Mar 21, 2012 at 7:55 AM Post #2 of 5
You're trying to play 6 channel files on a stereo (2 channel) device (I doubt those are vinyl rips btw, since vinyl is stereo too - they're more likely DVDA/BluRay rips).

In foobar's preferences panel, click on Playback / DSP Manager. There's a list of available DSPs in the right column. Double click on "Convert 5.1 to stereo". It should then appear in the left column. That should solve your problem.

Mar 21, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
You're trying to play 6 channel files on a stereo (2 channel) device (I doubt those are vinyl rips btw, since vinyl is stereo too - they're more likely DVDA/BluRay rips).
In foobar's preferences panel, click on Playback / DSP Manager. There's a list of available DSPs in the right column. Double click on "Convert 5.1 to stereo". It should then appear in the left column. That should solve your problem.

Nailed it; they were listed as vinyl rips, they turned out to be BluRay

Mar 22, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #4 of 5
You just named my dream set up, HDP + D7000

I am going to settle for the next best thing, the Icon HD + D2000 =D

Mar 30, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #5 of 5
Sorry to bump my old thread, but had another question related to this:

I bought a Toslink cable and connected it from my desktop to the Nuforce HDP.

In foobar, I have selected "Wasabi: Realtek Digital Output (Optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)

I am able to run this by switching to Digital on the HDP.

Is there any reason for me to do this? I got the Toslink for my Macbook Pro and realized that I could also connect my desktop to the HDP via the cable. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back