Computer question....
May 13, 2004 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

etys rule

1000+ Head-Fier
I am thinking if I could surf the web while on the bus, it would make my commute that much more enjoyable. However, I know nothing about computers. (except how to log on: head-fi is set as my homepage) Can I access the internet on the bus? And if so, ballpark, how much stuff, besides the computer, would I need to buy?

Thanks.

May 13, 2004 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 5
Get a handspring treo600. Its not as fast as a cable modem, but I could surf & check emails anywhere.

http://www.handspring.com/products/c...overview.jhtml

hdr_treo600_photo.jpg

bbd_treo600_m.jpg

May 31, 2004 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 5
Another vote for P900.

Also check here for anything cell-phone related.

Or if you want, get a laptop with any GPRS card to connect to your GPRS account provided/subscribed from your carrier.

Or get a bluetooth enabled phone and laptop and connect using the cellphone to the GPRS network.

May 31, 2004 at 9:16 PM Post #5 of 5
Since you already have an iPod you could also use the note options. Several programs will automaticly download notes for your iPod; iPodagent is one of them and can be found here: www.ipodsoft.com

You can also add longer articles with iPodLibary which is can be downloaded here: www25.brinkster.com/carmagt/iPodLibrary/
This will break text files into chapters of 4000 kb or whatever the max note size is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back