computer program to boost left ear bass?
Feb 2, 2011 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

redgreenpaper

New Head-Fier
for some reason my monster turbines lack bass in the left earbud. i dont know if its premananetly broken or something but does anybody know a program (free or paid) that allows me to put more bass on the left ear so that i can balance it out?

Feb 2, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #2 of 8
In Windows, click on the speaker icon in the taskbar near the clock.  The volume controls should pop up.  There will be sliders that you can use to change the left-right balance.

Feb 2, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #3 of 8
Put the weak bass bud in the other ear if you can..  You sure its the actual earbuds and not your hearing?

Feb 3, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Put the weak bass bud in the other ear if you can..  You sure its the actual earbuds and not your hearing?

no ive tried that. its the actual earbud that has less bass.

Quote:
In Windows, click on the speaker icon in the taskbar near the clock.  The volume controls should pop up.  There will be sliders that you can use to change the left-right balance.

but i mostly listen to music on my iphone. i wish my iphone could do that

Feb 3, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #6 of 8
I actually just realized this with my monster turbines as well. I can attest to having pretty bad hearing (I'm a drummer, and all those rim-shots on a marching snare sure do a number to your hearing), and my turbines have significantly less sound coming from the left bud when listening in both my left and right ears.

I wish iPods came with a balancing feature, because when I listened to them through a computer with the right side down about 12% music sounded much more balanced and I didn't notice the left ear being a lower volume. 

Maybe there's some wizardry that you can do to iPods that enables this, I don't know.

Feb 6, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #8 of 8
This seems to be a common problem with Monster Turbines.  http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/505881/monster-turbine-driver-popping-uneven

The drivers sometimes stick, causing uneven sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back