Computer problems again... motherboard/PS issue
Sep 23, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #62 of 95
Not yet friend. I long for the days when I can come home and not have something explode.

EDIT: I'm exchanging my MB for one of the same model, will windows recognize it without a reinstall?

Sep 24, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #64 of 95
The first thing I did after installing windows was update the bios. (Had to, the stock version is known to be incredibly problematic)

Sep 24, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #65 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The first thing I did after installing windows was update the bios. (Had to, the stock version is known to be incredibly problematic)

You can then flash the BIOS of the motherboard to the same BIOS version prior to firing up Windows. It will not be able to spot a difference then.

Sep 24, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #67 of 95
I forgot that I had a backup PC to do that, thanks! Now let's hope that the files on the HDD aren't damaged... or the HDD itself.

Sep 24, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #69 of 95
Already got a case, antec p182. Not gonna change, shipping is too costly.

Sep 24, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #70 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Already got a case, antec p182. Not gonna change, shipping is too costly.

It's a very fine case. If you find it noisy, it's more effective to look at replacing the fans and any other noise generators with a quiet to silent models. They are the ones at fault, not the case.

Cheers!

Sep 25, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #71 of 95
I can't believe this... the new motherboard keeps shutting down after a couple seconds! It powers up, but it won't last long enough to get into Windows, or for me to finish flashing the bios! After dozens of startups, I've only gotten as far as the "verifying now"portion of the bios update!!

Sep 25, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #73 of 95
I just got a new PSU, power is being supplied. This particular MB is known to be buggy as hell. I can't do anything!

Sep 25, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #74 of 95
ewwwwww feel your pain ... i recently bought one that only had 4 holes to screw it to the case, i went to plug in the ram and it craked in half =O thankfully the manufacturer allowed me to return it since they considered it a design flaw.

Sep 25, 2008 at 9:18 PM Post #75 of 95
Oh joyous day! I tried to reset my CPU to see if it was overheating (and causing the shutdowns), and one of the stock cooler's legs was stuck to the MB! When I tried to removed it, the cooler detached from the leg! And I still can't get it out!! I have to contact Intel to RMA...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back