computer help please
Aug 1, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Improper shutdown?
confused_face_2.gif
Looks like the computer service guys had just as much idea about what went wrong as you and me
k701smile.gif

Just out of interest, what was this "cursor" that appeared on the top left hand corner of the screen? Was it by any chance an underscore (_)?

Yes, but it was blinking.

I do need to get an external hd... we've talked about it just haven't gotten around to it yet. I think I will this weekend and just throw it in the fireproof safe.

Aug 2, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but it was blinking.

I do need to get an external hd... we've talked about it just haven't gotten around to it yet. I think I will this weekend and just throw it in the fireproof safe.

Ah! There's nothing to worry about then. I'm guessing you use USB peripherals then. If the flashing underscore appears again, try unplugging your USB peripherals one by one, restarting your computer; until it will start up. It's usually just one particular USB peripheral that's causing the problem. As for why this happens, I'm not too sure
frown.gif

Another situation I have experienced which can cause the flashing underscore is if Windows can't be located on your hard disc. This is a bigger problem but seeing that you've managed to boot into Windows, it is highly unlikely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back