computer games - inspirations needed...
Dec 18, 2003 at 1:24 AM Post #17 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by screwdriver
i enjoy unreal tournament .

do you guys recommend unreal tournament 2 - is it about the same ?

No, UT2K3 was a backwards step for the series and Epic knows it, that's why they'll be releasing a highly revised version with many new additions using the same engine. The game is dubbed Unreal Tournament 2004 and it's due Q1/04.

Dec 18, 2003 at 3:03 AM Post #19 of 43
Thanks for the further tipps. I'll definitely look into the new Sam & Max adventure - nice hint, Walli! And I've checked the XIII demo today, btw - lovely comic style. That could be worth a try...

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Dec 18, 2003 at 3:09 AM Post #20 of 43
Dweebgal: Maybe your drive or something else in your system is incompatible with copy protections. I've read that several copy protections have blacklists for certain generic anticopy protection software tools. So if you have some of these installed, that might be the source of your problems.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Dec 18, 2003 at 3:13 AM Post #21 of 43
Uggg this is my pet peeve. Two simple words. "pwned"(owned) and "noob". I can't stand them anymore. I'm all for trash talking in a game, its great fun.

BUT FOR GOD SAKES COME UP WITH SOMETHING ORIGINAL.

<cough><ahem> Don't mean to direct this at you fierce_freak. Just a general statement. I think if I see another "omg i pwned u n00b. i'm l33t hAx0r" i'm going to become a video game statistic and kill someone. I fully blame and point all fingers at the counter strike community for these words.
smily_headphones1.gif

Trash talking is an art form, it should always be unique and take into account situation and weakness of your opponent.

</rant>

Dec 18, 2003 at 12:03 PM Post #22 of 43
walljohn/lini: thanks for the suggestions.

most of what i have now read though seems to suggest it's not my problem, as i've tried every suggestion i've read.

roll on xmas day and my new pc, mmmm ATI radeon goodness....

hey, cyntax, i could give you some good trash talking tips i "pwn" at it (tee hee hee, sorry, just messing with you there) but i expect i might get a PM from a mod if i did it here
biggrin.gif

Dec 18, 2003 at 8:05 PM Post #23 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by Dweebgal
most of what i have now read though seems to suggest it's not my problem, as i've tried every suggestion i've read.

roll on xmas day and my new pc, mmmm ATI radeon goodness....

Must be the dust again
tongue.gif

Christmas is soo close that it's not worth trouble shooting at this time.

Dec 18, 2003 at 10:51 PM Post #24 of 43
that evil, evil dust...it has it in for me you know!!!

rolleyes.gif

my pc is gonna be sooo lush, i'll try and get some photos up when i get it

Dec 18, 2003 at 11:06 PM Post #25 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by Dweebgal

my pc is gonna be sooo lush, i'll try and get some photos up when i get it

Please do provide specs so that we may all say "ooooooh ahhhhh".

Dec 18, 2003 at 11:53 PM Post #28 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by Cyntax
bah. I refuse to play propaganda oriented games.

I'm propaganda resistant - probably up to 2 MegaGoebbels.
biggrin.gif

nauqneyugn (<- how do you pronounce that?
wink.gif
): Is it good apart from being propagandistic?

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Dec 18, 2003 at 11:57 PM Post #29 of 43
Still waiting for Half Life 2.
rolleyes.gif

I'm a big fan of tactical first person shooters too. My personal favorite is America's Army. Sure it's American propoganda, but if only all propoganda was this much fun.
biggrin.gif

I'll have to say that wearing headphones with it will make you jump when you get ambushed nearby when gunfire goes off. It's a loud game!

-Ed

Dec 19, 2003 at 12:35 AM Post #30 of 43
i wish i coupld play FPS games, but the background noises just make me so twitchy i just end up being really jumpy and firing everywhere, and generally being terrible at them
rolleyes.gif

i'm such a girl sometimes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back