computer clicking sound
Feb 15, 2008 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jazzychu

Head-Fier
I would like to know how to eliminate this annoying sound.

I have my headphone connected to my computer and without even playing anything, I constanly hear these clicking sound like I am clicking the mouse every 20 to 30 seconds. I do hear some of my actual mouse clicking through the headphone but not every click. At the moment, I am running nothing but this post through internet and the clicks just keep coming, althoug I know there are other programs running behind scene. I suspect this is something related to the soundcard but do not know what that is and how to eliminate.

I notice I have the same trouble when I use the PC speakers but headphone seems worse.

Can anyone help?

Feb 15, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #3 of 4
I tried to similate your suggestion by loading a CD to the CD/DVD drive, but the computer crashed several times.........but I think that is another story.

I finally make the PC to play the CD, but the clicking is still alive. I shut down the internet (not the whole wireless setup) and did not get rid of the sound either.

My PC is a Dell 8400 with the original Sound Blaster Audigy installed. I do not think I have installed any hardware inside except a few attachment such as USB/hard drives. Don't think I can rule out the software yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back