Computer Audio Player Software Free better then Paid
Apr 27, 2018 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nicknack40

100+ Head-Fier
Evening all, Just a quick question is Paid really better then free PC audio software. Was recently using MusicBee even though MusicBee was fine for most part my Music used to cut out every now and then now i switched to Jriver but to my ears my MP3's Do sound alot better not set it up properly yet only just moved yesterday so im on my 30 day free trial. Do others find paid vs free alot better in sound quality

Apr 28, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #2 of 7
I'm a huge fan of MusicBee, moved to it from iTunes when I got sick of mp3's, and re-ripped my entire music collection to FLAC; I've never had an instance of my music "cutting out," and I listen to music for hours every day.
My music library is on an SSD and my entire system, including screen, external drives, and speakers, are run from a UPS... that may make a difference.

May 2, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #4 of 7
Unless you need the video portion of JRiver...no, it's not worth it. I use Foobar2000, but MusicBee is great also.....both sound identical.

Jun 14, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #6 of 7
Evening all, Just a quick question is Paid really better then free PC audio software. Was recently using MusicBee even though MusicBee was fine for most part my Music used to cut out every now and then now i switched to Jriver but to my ears my MP3's Do sound alot better not set it up properly yet only just moved yesterday so im on my 30 day free trial. Do others find paid vs free alot better in sound quality

i use plex now but i was using musicbee earlier and winamp before that. plex might be super overkill for what you need and honestly the interface isnt that good, but it works.

Musicbee has buffer settings that you might need to modify for network playback and/or flac playback. that should stop it from cutting out and whatnot.

Jun 14, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #7 of 7
I use Musicbee now i stopped using JRIVER when the Trial run out so back to Musicbee i like the interface of Musicbee alot better. I do use PLEX and i do have a PLEX pass for my own media like films exc for PLEX on my Android box Via kodi which is for the TV downstairs and Musicbee on my PC upstairs. Thanks for the inputs chaps much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back