Compression Hell - Goo Goo Dolls Let Love In
Dec 31, 2006 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

TKO

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Head-Fiers,

does anyone else here in this forum have this CD? I love some of the music on it so my wife picked it up for me for Christmas. I tried listening to it twice now and find it so horribly compressed that it is painful to listen to.

The CD I have is:

Quote:

UPC: 093624974826
CDW 49748 Warner Brothers Records 2006
Manufactured and distributed by Warner Music Canada.

Perhaps there are different engineered versions available in the US/Europe etc. that don't have this problem. I have heard that the Japanese version has superior sound as well as containing a bonus track.

Also, we need to list these CDs somewhere so that others won't buy them. Maybe that will force these incompetent engineers/masterers/producers out of the business or change this obsession with loudness.

So if anyone has this CD and the sound quality is normal or has some dynamic range would you please let me know what the CD details are so I can track one down on eBay.

Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Dec 31, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #2 of 2
I have it, and this CD has many many mastering problems. The bass is overwhelming in some tracks, it's compressed, there are parts that get loud for now reason, etc. That's really unfortunate because I think it may be the best GGD CD yet. Gotta listen to it on speakers -- it becomes tolerable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back