Comprehensive IEM Help Please
Feb 8, 2017 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Share2Care

100+ Head-Fier
Good Day Peeps!

As I have heavily invested in headphones, now getting a rather decent desktop AMP and DAC combo to enjoy said headphones it is time to come back and give IEM's some TLC!

For typical day to day listening I can go from any and many EDM DJ, more vocal Drum and Bass and some outright filthy Dubstep. I am also someone who is a genuine music lover. No matter the genre, I will have my likes and dislikes so catering for an original Koven. track and then Smokestack Lightening followed by The Cinematic Orchestra and some Zero 7 not forgetting a variety of metal including some thrash.... and then Mikes Davis... I listen to music to suit my mood as am sure many of us do!

Back on point... I do not mind having multiple IEM's for different music although with the amount of drivers and armatures there are per bud is unbelievable! Maybe a larger sound stage with axtual quality is achievable with technology these days?

So if as many of you can put your thoughts into the ring for what is listed above and the IEM to do tue job?
The main set of IEM is for all types of electronic mussic including breaks, progressive, the likes of Frog Pocket.

What IEMs for my main music would be suggested at

Below $100, Below $200, Below $300, Below $400

$400 would be around my max budget but can always be tempted by the next branch up if it is highly recommended.

Lastly, what is known as being generally the best pair of IEMs when it comes to Bass?

Thank you for your help. It is appreciated :)

Feb 8, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #2 of 5
Under $100    VSONIC GR07 BE or 1More triple Driver.
Under $200    RHA MA750
Under $300    Dunu DN2000 or 2000J
Under $400    Campfire Orion (really excellent)

There are others, but that's a start.

Feb 8, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #3 of 5
For metal under $200 ($120) the ma750 is superb. Great build quality, isolation, comfort, and they don't look too shabby either.

Of course the part that really counts is the sound. It has a slightly u-shaped sound signature with great sub-bass, good but ever so slightly recessed mids, and very energetic highs. Of course they are a great all-rounder, but they really shine with metal.

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #4 of 5
Under $100 - Audio Technica IM70 / Shure SE215
Under $200 - Can't think of anything currently, other than the MA750
Under $300 - RHA T20 / Fidue A83
Under $400 - UE900S

Just to add a few more. :D

The AAW W500 has the best bass that I have ever heard, although for universals, I think the JH Audio Roxanne and UM Merlin are really good as well.

Feb 9, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #5 of 5
The FLC8S has something like 36 possible tuning configurations, and is a highly rated and loved IEM here on Head-Fi. Might be the best choice to cover the most genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back