Comprehension problem: Right ear imbalance
Dec 6, 2011 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Tetsuma

100+ Head-Fier
No matter what I lend my younger brother, the right channel of the IEM/headphones comes back sounding faded and lifeless. Give them gain and the transients are louder than they should be. I can't get them sounding even.

Over the years i've loaned him various IEMs, and the same thing has happened to my K701s. I couldn't pin the blame on him with absolute certainty, until he finally purchased a pair of his own headphones and the right channel is ****ed on it now.

I can not for the life of me figure out how the hell he is managing to **** these things up constantly. I obviously don't observe him wearing them, but this is getting stupid. Its going to cost $70 + shipping to get the K701s fixed. I'm really worried now that i'm considering getting HD800s. If he ****s them up, I can't be held responsible for my actions...

Can anyone spitball some ideas as to how this can be constantly happening? With IEMs, i've seem him pull them out by tugging at Y in the cable. But my K701s stay at my desk while i'm at work (he's unemployed). I cannot understand how something sitting on your head, then sitting in a headphone stand can somewhere along the lines be damaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back