Comply TX500 vs T500
Mar 21, 2011 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Ratzilla

Head-Fier
I know that the TX500's have an earwax guard but is there any other difference?  Do the TX500's last any longer than the T500s?  Thanks

Mar 22, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #2 of 10
The T series and the TX series are identical except for the wax guard, therefore they will last the same length of time.

Jun 27, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #4 of 10
What do you think of your tx-500s so far? Is the earwax thing really necessary? I'm trying to decide between the two as well.

Jun 27, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #5 of 10

Quote:
What do you think of your tx-500s so far? Is the earwax thing really necessary? I'm trying to decide between the two as well.

I can;t remember where I read this, (and it may have been here direct from Comply) stating there really isn't a need to go with the X unless you naturally build up alot of wax.

Jul 1, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #6 of 10
I was at the store hunting for the T500 and found the TX500 right next to it. I was wondering, besides keeping out earwax, does the TX version actually affect the earphones sonically?
I saw from the site that it doesn't but I didn't have the chance to test them out to be completely sure.

Jul 1, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #7 of 10
I thought that the site said there was a 2db drop due to the filter.

But, I could be wrong.

Jim

Feb 3, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #10 of 10
I decided to go for the TX500's which arrived today. I can't believe the sound improvement. The bass has drastically changed for the better.

It doesn't seem that they're designed for Jaybird Bluebud X's but just fit with a push.

They don't fit perfectly but like I said they have improved the audio greatly. Maybe at a loss of clarity as I've been told may be a possibility but I can't tell. I just hear deeper, cleaner bass.

I used the large with the silicon Bluebuds tips but a medium in the Comply tips. Large Comply tips are huge.

I'm also using the Jaybird's without the wings which is so much more comfortable.

I've yet to venture outdoors as yet but will update later if I feel I need the wings again. Hopefully I won't need them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back