Comply Tip insertion video
Apr 13, 2012 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

PANGES

1000+ Head-Fier
I've recently subscribed to this youtube channel (i'm not affiliated with them in any way) and just today, they put this video up on how to prepare comply tips for insertion. I thought it was going to be a lame "roll the tips and put them in your ears" sort of video, but he brings up a good point about pushing them back before rolling them up. 

I've never done this method before, and perhaps that could be a reason why I don't like the sound comply tips? Makes me wonder if this is also the reason why some people complain about them as well.. I don't have any comply tips on me, but if someone could give it a shot and see if there's any audible differences between the 2 methods, that would be awesome. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Zc5meSooI&feature=g-all-u&context=G236b687FAAAAAAAAQAA

Apr 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 6
I didn't notice any audible differences with my ASG-1 but I thought pushing them back and squeezing them was the proper way to insert Comply tips to prolong it's life since it tend to tear easily if you push it in with brute force.

I listened to each song four times and they both sounded the same, could my be EQ settings playing tricks on me though. 

Music:
Interpol - Evil 
Kelly Clarkson - Stronger
Daft Punk - Sailor Sailor

Source:
Macbook Pro
ALAC
iBasso D4

Apr 13, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #3 of 6
I tried it with T500 comply on Monster Turbines, it does help the muffled sound a little but nothing night and day, also only for the first 5 - 10 minutes.  What I found after 5 - 10 minutes is the comply's constantly trying to regain it's original shape, add that with movement on your behalf the ends still fold in on themselves.

I've never been a fan of comply, I like the theory but in practice it doesn't offer me a sound I enjoy. It's actually very surprising how different tips can alter sound so much, for me silicon tips found on IEM's such as CX300ii with an open port work well, whereas if I need to tame treble and funnel the sound Sony hybrids work best. For the price of comply and constant replacements it's much easier to chuck a pair of silicon tips under the tap for 30 seconds.

Apr 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #4 of 6
I only use Comply tips. I trim back the foam to the plastic core.  Much easier. And this way they never attenuate the highs,

Apr 14, 2012 at 4:54 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
I only use Comply tips. I trim back the foam to the plastic core.  Much easier. And this way they never attenuate the highs,

Oh that's interesting. I have a few sets of complys sitting around somewhere, I should try doing that. I have a huge box full of little ziplock bags full of tips from all my IEM's. I don't even know which bags are for which IEM's anymore. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back