Comply T400 tip alternatives
Jan 14, 2009 at 2:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

chinesekiwi

Headphoneus Supremus
Ok, people, I like Complys as much as the next guy, I really do but the exchange rate is poos and they are a tad expensive atm.

Help me find alternatives thank you!

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 3
bi-flange?

they have a very secure fit...the only problem i have is their material aint as soft as comply tips..hence hurts after some hours.

Jan 30, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bi-flange?

they have a very secure fit...the only problem i have is their material aint as soft as comply tips..hence hurts after some hours.

I have been experimenting with different tips with my ER4-Ps and a HF2. The Shure olive tips ( EABKF110M ) seem to have very slightly punchier bass (Toms are palpable) and are very slightly more brilliant at the top end but unfortunately, I start to feel the pressure of the stiffer foam after an hour or so. The Comply P tips for ER4P/HF2 are kinder to the tissue in my ear being softer but have slightly less punch on the bottom. The timbre of Toms or Kick Bass sound more accurate (and are still palpable but less so than the Shure Olives), so these serve as my everyday listening tips. Both are a thousand times better than the silicon tri-flanges that I used to use. They caused some kind of hypersensitivity reaction in the skin and my ears itched constantly with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back