Comply T100 vs. Shure Olive Foam for se530?
Feb 25, 2009 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

recstar24

Can Jam '10 Organizer
I am sure this has been talked about before, but my searches brought up too much stuff to sift through. If anyone cares to discuss the two above I would appreciate it, as a new owner of the se530, I would like to explore the different tip options that are available outside the stock pack. I have read the comply's are very comfortable, but do not last long, and others state the olive foams are just as comfortable as the comply's but last much longer. Also, I believe I have read that the comply's have a more porous material, and thus have better sound. Just speculations, and looking forward to hearing your guys thoughts.

Feb 25, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #3 of 7
LOL at Voltag3
biggrin.gif
But I do agree.

Feb 25, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #6 of 7
After reading through the thread, it appears that the yellow foamies sound better as a result of not bringing them all the way pass the nozzle barb. Are the yellow foamies of a different material/porosity that also enables them to sound better? Or is it just the increased distance from the nozzle to the ear canal that is the result of the improved sound? I ask because couldn't you just do the same thing with the olive foams? (Don't pass nozzle barb, increased distance from ear canal = improved sound).

Also, I did not really read anything about the comply t100's, and am still curious about what users have to say with their performance on the shure se530.

Feb 25, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After reading through the thread, it appears that the yellow foamies sound better as a result of not bringing them all the way pass the nozzle barb. Are the yellow foamies of a different material/porosity that also enables them to sound better? Or is it just the increased distance from the nozzle to the ear canal that is the result of the improved sound? I ask because couldn't you just do the same thing with the olive foams? (Don't pass nozzle barb, increased distance from ear canal = improved sound).

Also, I did not really read anything about the comply t100's, and am still curious about what users have to say with their performance on the shure se530.

Yea the yellow foamies material makes it sound better the than the Shure olives because it is less dense but results in a short life-span. The further the drivers are to your eardrums results in a huge soundstage. I use the the triple flanges which I cut into bi-flanges and mounted the stem up to the barb. My 530's now stick out my ear and don't touch my ear anymore but the soundstage is amazing!!!! It feels like sounds are playing well outside my head, also now the sound fills my head instead of just left, middle and right. With this mod, the comfortableness, and snugness is not reduced 1 bit even though they now will stick out your ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back