Comply S-400 vs. T-400?
Mar 26, 2012 at 2:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

MiniWumbo

100+ Head-Fier
I just recently purchased a pair of Monster Turbine Pro Coppers that I'll be using daily.

I want to purchase a pair of foam tips to use because I find that silicone tips and most of Monster's tips to be uncomfortable for extended use.

I noticed that Comply has two tips that interest me and those are the S-400 and T-400. Is there a difference between the budget s-400s and the basic t-400? I've owned the t-400s before and one tip lasted me several months, but, after about 2 weeks, it lost a substantial amount of its 'modability.'  What are some alternatives to Comply?

Thanks!

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:53 AM Post #2 of 2
Well, I went and bought the Comply S-400 and I regretted it immediately.  Despite being stated as compatible with the Monster Turbine Series, the tip fell off so easily on both my MTPC and MT.  The T-400 I used before stayed on perfectly.  The S-400 falls off so much and doesn't feel like it fits correctly.  I usually keep my IEMs in my pocket when I don't use it and the tips have fallen off maybe 5 times while I pulled them back out. 

Not only that, but the foam is a lot rougher (I could only feel the difference in a side-to-side comparison) and takes a bit longer than the T-400 to get back to its original position.  The seal is significantly worse than the T-400s.  The opening is smaller, too, compared to the T-400s.  It does something to the sound.. ,but I'm not enough of an audiophile to correctly say what exactly.  It just does not sound as... clear.

I was told that the S-400's only difference was that it was more 'fashion-oriented.'  I'd advise anyone thinking of getting the S-400s to just pay the extra 5 dollars for the T-400s.. or, better yet, look for better tips.

I'll personally do the latter.  S-400s are just horrible, even/especially at $3.33 a tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back