Comply help
Mar 28, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #2 of 6
I offer my perspective from the perspective of someone who keeps trying silicone tips but cannot get used to the feeling.

A foam tip could be more comfortable for you than silicone (personal preference), so whether you prefer isolation, comfort or sport depends on your environment and purpose.

I personally use isolation-type Comply when I am in public transport, for better noise isolation. It's quite effective, when I remove my iems I notice the extra ambient noise that was filtered out.

My Westone 3 gets the sports tips cos that is the pair I use when working out.

Based on my reading up, it appears there are conditions under which foam tips may affect the treble response more than the bass response. I found some articles suggesting workarounds, so I stick to Comply.

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #4 of 6
I originally  got a pair of isolation eartips with an IEM I purchased(M6-pro).  I found the comfort overall good with good noise isolation but after awhile they felt a bit too tight. They were a medium sized tip.

So I decided to purchase a variety pack(I purchased the medium sized)-- ( http://www.complyfoam.com/products/variety-pack-200/ Comply).  I use the sport tip on my BlueAnt Q3 and they keep the headset nicely in place with no need for the over ear loop.

The comfort tips are a bit more comfortable for longer use than the isolation tips in my humble opinion(and as advertised by Comply).
I do believe the comply tips subdue the sound a bit overall, with respect to the bass response and higher frequencies(although in some tracks, I do feel the bass a bit more than with a general silicon tip) with my IEM, the Fidue A73 and too my ears.

The Comply tips work well-- for my music tastes I prefer the Comfort tips to the isolation tips, better comfort and almost the same sound isolation.

One caveat the Comply tips are bit of a pain to remove and change out for other tips to vary your audio experience.

I think the overall best tips I have are the Spinfit. They seem to bring out all the frequencies with more clarity in the mid and high frequencies with more low end punch.  I am no bass head and want only the appropriate bass intended with a given track and I do get fatigue with too exaggerated highs.  What I am trying to convey is that I enjoy balance to the frequencies and the Spinfit work well and are very comfortable. 

The Spinfit are not easy to find and are pricey for an ear tip.  They can be purchased at CTC audio, http://www.ctcaudio.com/collections/spinfit-eartips/products/spinfit-rotating-silicone-ear-tips
I purchased my Fidue A73 and received a pair of the Spinfit earths with them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back