Comply Foamies or Shure olives for ER-6i
Mar 13, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 4
Both work very well with ER6i's.

I don't use my ER6i's often, as I alternate different headphones and IEMs. When I need the best isolation among my various 'phones, I like the ER6i's with the short Comply foamies the most, for an ultra-small size that fits comfortably well into the ear canal. But if I used my ER6i's on a daily basis, and if I wanted to minimize having to reorder foamies periodically, I would still be very happy with the small (or even medium) black Shure foamies, due to their superior durability.

Mar 13, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #4 of 4
The Comply foamies are definitely very comfortable, but the seal isn't very good. It really depends on how small your ear canals are. I've got average size ear holes and the foamies are just barely big enough. If I move my jaw around hardly at all, the seal is gone. On the other hand, almost immediately I cease to feel them in my ears. It's like I'm not wearing headphones at all. It's a matter of preference which is more important to you. Personally, I'd go with the Shure olives. They're not uncomfortable by any means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back