Comply foam tips help
Oct 4, 2014 at 6:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Tail

100+ Head-Fier
I have Sennheiser IE80 and I was thinking of getting Comply tips (that mixed color option so I can put red on one and blue on the other earpiece so I see which one is right/left).

Since the mid bass can be overbearing and affecting mids logical is that with better seal that problem will be even bigger, can anyone tell me about it a bit? Would it affect sound and if it would how much? Also about those "active" and "comfort" tips... how big difference to "isolation" ones? 

Is that ear wax guard on Tx-500 helping at all or should I just get T-500 without that earwax guard (my ears are always pretty clean and I don't have much wax but still from times to times I have to clean iems)... 

Nov 4, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #3 of 3
  I have Sennheiser IE80 and I was thinking of getting Comply tips (that mixed color option so I can put red on one and blue on the other earpiece so I see which one is right/left).

Since the mid bass can be overbearing and affecting mids logical is that with better seal that problem will be even bigger, can anyone tell me about it a bit? Would it affect sound and if it would how much? Also about those "active" and "comfort" tips... how big difference to "isolation" ones? 

Comply foam (I use the T-400) tends to mellow out the treble, and absorbs some bass impact, which brings out a little more of the midrange, if anything. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back