Comply Foam Tips for Image X10s?
Jun 24, 2008 at 9:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

MWA

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone figured out if any of the production Complys (or other available foam tips, e.g. Shure Olives) fit the Klipsch Image X10s?

Jun 24, 2008 at 12:14 PM Post #2 of 20
why do you need them??? I find most of the Image tips very comfortable and lots softer than the harder-surfaced Complys.

Just wondering why Complys are needed with these IEMS

Jun 24, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #3 of 20
I've never gotten a better seal than with foam. As such I wanted to know if it was an option with the Image X10s should I ever wish to mod their fit/sound signature.

Jun 24, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 20
The Shure black "olives" foam tips fit, but I've tried them and the Image tips are more comfortable, easier to insert and remove, and provide a much better seal against ambient noise.

Jun 25, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #5 of 20
don't forget too that the Image tips have been specially shaped for the IEM itself. which is why they have those little "points' in them tht you line up with a mark on the IEM itself, thus assuring perfect fit in the ear.

Jun 25, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #6 of 20
Thanks people. It's simply nice to know that I have options. Everyone's outer ear canal is different (which is why foam is so popular around here).

I hope beyond hope that their silicone tips work just fine, but if not - I wont have to send them back.

Oct 22, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #7 of 20
The Comply t-100's fit the x10. Since I bought the X 10s I have had problems getting a good seal so I just ordered sore Comply tips. Their website tells you that T -100's fit on the image. Lets hope they work

Nov 2, 2008 at 1:12 PM Post #9 of 20
I just got my Comply T100 and they're an absolute dream. Had them on for nine hours yesterday and took them out only because my Imod ran out of juice. Just don't even feel them in your ear. Also like the Shure Olives, but only because they fit both my Ety 4p and the Image. But the Complys are VEEEERY comfy

Comfy Comply?? Nice sound

Nov 10, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #10 of 20
I'm ordering some Comply foam tips for my X10 Images which I will recieve in a week. But I'm unsure about which size to choose (standard or small). I usually use medium or small eartips. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Nov 11, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #11 of 20
After using for a while, the only problem with the comply tips is removing the ear wax from the foam. Does anyone have an easy fix that? For this reason, I have been using the tips that came with the x10s. I can clean the original x10 tips with ease. I gues it would not hurt to put 'dirty' tips in my ears, but I would rather not.

Nov 11, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #12 of 20
i am using the small comply tips with my x10 and i find it much better than the tips that came along with the x10...for whatever reason the stock tips didnt work well for me but with the comply tips i am really enjoying the phones

Nov 12, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by busterfree /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After using for a while, the only problem with the comply tips is removing the ear wax from the foam. Does anyone have an easy fix that? For this reason, I have been using the tips that came with the x10s. I can clean the original x10 tips with ease. I gues it would not hurt to put 'dirty' tips in my ears, but I would rather not.

Not to get too gross, but here's the answer I clean my ears daily. So no yellow grungy stuff in my ears Still, my Complys get little white particle stuff from my ears and I'm guessing that's just daily dirt and dust that accumulates in body cavities like nose and ears. So that said, I take the little tool Klipsch provided--has a tiny paperclip=type loop end to it--and gently run that around the opening of the Comply. Cleans it failry well.

are you inserting those tips too deeply??? I also found the deeper you inssert them the more likely you'll get earcrud on the Complys.

Note that on the instructions of the package, Comply says not to wash them. But I would imagine a lightly moistened paper towel would do a good cleaning job

Such are the trials of using IEMs with tips.
L3000.gif

Nov 14, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #14 of 20
Thanks for the tips
icon10.gif
...and just for the record, I clean my ears daily.
atsmile.gif
I even ordered an ear cleaning tool with the comply tips. I may be inserting them to deep, and I will watch for that. Is it just a conspiracy to get me to buy more tips?
wink_face.gif
Hmm...

Dec 24, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #15 of 20
Klipsch tips are more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back