Comply. Extra comfort, or sound modifier
Sep 4, 2012 at 8:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

PineappleCake

New Head-Fier
Hey, I was thinking of getting some comply foam tips for me PFE 012s, because the tips that come with it are either too small, or keep sliding out of my ear. Thought the comply foam tips would provide a better fit, and also noise isolation (since I listen on public transport mostly).

But I've heard that foam tips can make the music more "muddy" and I prefer to listen with more clarity.

Do the foam tips actually affect sound that much, or is it a very slight difference (not much of an audiophile, my ears might not even pick up slight changes haha)?

Thanks!

Sep 4, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #2 of 5
In my experience, getting an appropriate seal is absolutely necessary to get the most (and best sound quality) out of your IEMs. I always get the best seal (and sound) using foam tips.

I personally use Comply foam tips on my W4r and have not experienced the "muddiness" you refer to. I believe getting a better seal and better noise isolation will only improve your sound.

Sep 5, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #3 of 5
In my experience, getting an appropriate seal is absolutely necessary to get the most (and best sound quality) out of your IEMs. I always get the best seal (and sound) using foam tips.

I personally use Comply foam tips on my W4r and have not experienced the "muddiness" you refer to. I believe getting a better seal and better noise isolation will only improve your sound.

Cool, thanks. Will try them out next time I go over seas.

Sep 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #4 of 5
Hey Pineapple,

If you want to visit our website www.ComplyFoam.com - you can use this coupon "HeadfiComply" for 20% off. Same for you pdaigle. Thanks for your loyalty!

Jorgy
Comply™ Foam Nation

Sep 6, 2012 at 11:36 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Hey Pineapple,

If you want to visit our website www.ComplyFoam.com - you can use this coupon "HeadfiComply" for 20% off. Same for you pdaigle. Thanks for your loyalty!

Jorgy
Comply™ Foam Nation

Cool, thanks!
20% off makes it the same price as buying from SG with shipping, so guess I can get them a little earlier =.^

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back