Comply™ Foam Tips Compatibility Update!
Dec 11, 2008 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16
Hi fellow Head-Fi'ers!

I'm pleased to announce that we have just approved new earphone models as compatible with our Comply™ Foam Tips! Here are the latest additions...

Sennheiser IE6 - T400
Sennheiser IE7 - T400
Sennheiser IE8 - T400

Microsonic Epic JC - T100
Microsonic Epic X - T100

Jays D-Jay - T100

As always, feel free to PM me any questions or models you would like to see tested in 2009.

Best,

Jeff

Dec 11, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #2 of 16
Hey Jeff - I'm using the T400's in the Senn IE7's but it took some real work to get them on there as the post on the earphone seemed a lot bigger than the hole on the T400....do you have any suggestions on making this easier in the future? It does work, just took more work than I had expected.

Dec 11, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrome_CW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Jeff - I'm using the T400's in the Senn IE7's but it took some real work to get them on there as the post on the earphone seemed a lot bigger than the hole on the T400....do you have any suggestions on making this easier in the future? It does work, just took more work than I had expected.

I am waiting for my IE8s and was wondering whether I should use T400s. Did you find the Complys worked better than all the included tips on your Senns?

Dec 11, 2008 at 10:35 PM Post #4 of 16
By the way Jeff, you can add T400s for the JVC/Victor HP-FX500s to your database. My wife uses Complys and loves them.

Dec 12, 2008 at 7:27 AM Post #5 of 16
Just for the hell of it, I tried the Comply foam tips from my Triple.Fi 10 (T-500 according to the Comply website) on my IE8 and they fit very well. The foam part sits farther from the housing than the stock IE8 tips, so the Comply tip actually goes deeper into your ear. If you flip the foam tip around though, the foam section won't extend as far though. Isolation has improved greatly, however it seems like treble might be more muffled.

Dec 12, 2008 at 8:04 AM Post #6 of 16
Comply foam tips degrade very fast and very expensive compared to shure olives. They have different diameters to the fixing tube. Shures don't fit TF10 or IEMs have similar tube diameter. Otherwise shures are light years ahead in durability and performance. I tried to mod them to fix in to TF10 but no success so far.

Dec 12, 2008 at 8:07 AM Post #7 of 16
The T500 fits the Sennheisers' IE series better instead of T400. I, myself is using the T500 for my IE8.

Dec 12, 2008 at 8:39 AM Post #8 of 16
I'm thinking of getting them for my IE8. There's one thing I'm curious about though - when I buy a pack of 6 as they normally come, are they all in different sizes? It seems like it from the pictures & description... Usually only one size fits each person - how would I keep buying them later? If I only need large ones, can I buy like a pack of 10? To buy a pack of 6 and only use 2...for £15 each time (every 3 weeks from what everyone says they last)
confused_face_2.gif

Dec 12, 2008 at 8:41 AM Post #9 of 16
Yes that makes them very expensive to use! T500 is larger version and which suited me. You get the same size in a package.

Quote:

(every 3 weeks from what everyone says they last)

Dec 12, 2008 at 10:01 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comply foam tips degrade very fast and very expensive compared to shure olives. They have different diameters to the fixing tube. Shures don't fit TF10 or IEMs have similar tube diameter. Otherwise shures are light years ahead in durability and performance. I tried to mod them to fix in to TF10 but no success so far.

I moddded the olive for the superfi. De-cored the olive and put that around the core from the grey foamies that came with the superfi. Hey presto olive isolation and easy to remove when olive died!

Dec 12, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #11 of 16
I for one would like to thank Jeff for this update, plus a very easy-to-use website. Only wish we could purchase complys in an 'assorted' package since often I don't know which will be the best fit--small/large, short/tall, etc. So how about offering an 'assortment" package in the near future???

Dec 12, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I for one would like to thank Jeff for this update, plus a very easy-to-use website. Only wish we could purchase complys in an 'assorted' package since often I don't know which will be the best fit--small/large, short/tall, etc. So how about offering an 'assortment" package in the near future???

Don't they all come in the 'assortment' packages? I can't see anywhere T-400 small/medium/large..always just pack of 6. I thought it was a pair of each size.

Dec 12, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrome_CW /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, the T400 is a bit tight going on, but the retention once attached is great! We tested the T500 for the IE's and felt it was easier to attach, but also too easy to come off when not intended. Our main goal when testing earphones is to be sure our tips stay on the device properly, while providing improved comfort and fit.

-Jeff

Dec 13, 2008 at 10:26 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by cassper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't they all come in the 'assortment' packages? I can't see anywhere T-400 small/medium/large..always just pack of 6. I thought it was a pair of each size.

No they don't. By "assortment" I mean a mix of small, large or "slim/standard", etc. A scroll thru the Comply site with all their product lines show only packages of small or standard or slim and standard (depending on the IEM model) but no assortment packages. Again, how doyou know what size fits your ears without trying more than one size???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back