Compliment for my RS-2?
Oct 7, 2006 at 12:49 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri
Bing bong... DT880s
Analytical, AMAZING for jazz, especially female vocals and pretty much everything else that aren't the best with grados, i'm sure you know which ones they are
They were great with my SR225, i just didn't like having 2 cans because i end up using one of them a lot more (in this case the SR225) so i bought the DT990
DT990 is the middle ground... kind of
rolleyes.gif
Well it makes sounds good with all genres, so i'm happy
Oh and they're soooooo comfortable, i'm tempted to say it's more comfortable to have them on my head than not
biggrin.gif

edit: it leaks a bit of noise, but nowhere as much as grados.. at a quiet listening environment and normal listening volume, people around you will barely hear it

Oh jeah, I'm same line. DT 880 be great cans, I use them classical and live recording listening, they are very airy, but RS2 are thiny and more "in your face sounding" as DT 880

Oct 7, 2006 at 3:22 PM Post #17 of 19
Try the AKG 271s if ur looking for a close phone. I think it is underappreciated on this forum. It has the sweetest mids and highs and its bass is more quality oriented than quantity. Very much the opposite character of Grados.

Oct 7, 2006 at 4:51 PM Post #19 of 19
Giving this question a bit more thought.

I had commented on the K601 as being a good one...and it is... but I had also been thinking of the K601s as being a good one to go along with my MS2i as they are also a bit toward the brighter side.

The RS-2, however, being a bit darker than MS2i, then perhaps a better complement to RS-2 would be the Senns HD-600. Not as much soundstage, but close, about the same price too. But presenting perhaps a slightly darker presentation which may be a bit more appropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back