Completely lost, looking for help to find new headphones.
Aug 3, 2014 at 5:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kuromina

New Head-Fier
Right where do I begin with this

I'm currently using Sennheiser HD465 headphones and I'm struggling to find anything similar to those
They have a pretty strong bassy and warm sound, it doesn't have a weak or flat sound like all other headphones i've tried.
The cable is very long and thick which makes it easier to use for various things, I use my headphones for everything (movies, games, tv, every genre of music)
I like my low lows, heavy bass and none of the tinny empty room echo.
I keep buying new headphones but none of them are anywhere close to acceptable, latest ones i tried were sony xb600 and sennheiser hd518 (or 558, I sold them asap), big mistake, didn't really feel comfortable with either one.

I don't know who to ask or where to look anymore, I'm more afraid of buying headphones now rather than excited.
If I sound very desperate it's probably because I am. Am I looking for something that doesn't exist?

note: I spent my amp money on my last 3 pairs of headphones, I need something that can work without an amp like HD465.

Aug 3, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #2 of 3
Budget? What are you source devices (make/model)?

What about the sound signature did you not like about the Sony and Sennheiser you already tried?

Aug 3, 2014 at 10:42 PM Post #3 of 3
Budget? What are you source devices (make/model)?

What about the sound signature did you not like about the Sony and Sennheiser you already tried?

I'm willing to save up to 200€/$250/160£ if thats what it takes to get something acceptable quality, but I'd rather not overspend since most can not be returned and I'm stuck with them.
By source device you mean what I plug them into? my computer, tv or a stereo system, most definitely nothing fancy.
The ones I've tried sounded flat and empty with music, made sounds on tv sound too high and cheap, movies lost all impact and the bass was closer to a weak finger snap.
I want powerful sounds that make grown men cry and thor jealous even without a 8000 dollar amp.

edit: things like open or closed headphones don't matter to me and I like them to be big, they don't need to be portable at all. I dislike big, airy, empty, echoy headphones though. I seem to have better luck with the flat padding type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back