Complete upgrade from DT770 250ohm edition 2005.
Oct 29, 2011 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dopedpanda

New Head-Fier
Hello sound experts :p

Im pretty new to the world of "sound" and im not really sure where i stand.

Im using my beyerdynamic dt770 for gaming and electronic music (hardstyle and so on)
It is driven by a Asus essence stx with integrated amp.

But as im sure most of you guys know, and have felt yourself, i want more, and im 100% sure thats more to this newly open world for me.

Im looking for a decent priced system i can use with my computer, im thinking about getting a Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe to bring some sound forward to a desktop amplifier (if you got a better suggestion please tell me)

Im looking for pretty much the same my dt770 already got, just more of it. Im not sure what the different terms i can see on this forum means, lows, mids, highs, wibes, treble and so on. I just know this, i like the quality of good sound and i like my bass strong and not something you miss out on when i get a handgrenade throw at me in Battlefield 3.

Can someone tell me about open/closed design? Im not pretty sure i get it 100%, some sites only tell you about that you get more outside noise, but what about the outside? can they hear the music i hear while i get em on? im normally into late night sessions of gaming and don´t want to disturb all of the house.

I hope you can help me out guys and not rob me completly blank in the same time :p

Oct 30, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #2 of 6
DT770 250ohm edition 2005

Is that the Beyerdynamic DT-770 Premium 250-Ohm or the DT-770 Pro 250-Ohm?

Oct 30, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #3 of 6
Hello purpleangel.
Looking at pictures im pretty convinced that its the premium version of them.

Im though not sure if that was good or bad?

Im reading alot of good things about ultrasone Pro series, which is basically the same as i already got, a closed, bass heavy headphone.

Nov 7, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #4 of 6
Try the Denon D2000. Its what I'm using and I love them.
I have the Asus STX and play Battlefield 3 with them.
The amp on the STX should be fine. You can try switching out the op-amps if you want a little different sound.

Nov 7, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #5 of 6
As for the open/closed issue.  It all boils down to how you set your volume as well as the headphone design itself.  Grado tends to advertise your listening preference more than any other headphone out there.  Yet another major downside would be that you are able to hear everything going on around you.  The sound leakage goes both ways.  If your significant others are nattering about you will be able to hear them very well indeed through a set of open cans.  Less so with closed.  Granted I've yet to wake anyone with my Sennheiser 598s, and I tend to turn the volume up a bit for Battlefield 3. 

Nov 7, 2011 at 5:11 AM Post #6 of 6
The Pro900 canbe good upgrade and overall it's sound big,detailed and bassy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back