Complete Unilateral Hearing Loss: Are High-End Headphones Worth it?
Feb 15, 2014 at 8:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

trans-retinal

New Head-Fier
I am a 25 year old grad student. Love music and listen to a wide variety of genres as the mood strikes. I have a pretty nice two channel setup (Monitor Audio BX-2, NAD C 316BEE, Pro-ject Carbon, Modi). I love it, sounds great. However, the problem is I live in an apartment and judging by how much I can hear my neighbors, pretty sure they can hear me quite a bit too. As I attempt to be a polite neighbor, late night listening at any reasonable volume is kinda out. So I was thinking of making a foray into headphones. Problem is I am completely deaf in my right ear. My remaining ear likes to hear high quality sound however I keep thinking that it seems wasteful to spend $300 or more on a set of cans that I'm only using half of. So opinions? Do you think it's worth it to buy something nice. If so any suggestions on how to maximize my headphone experience with the challenges my situation presents?

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing your opinions?

Feb 15, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #2 of 2
You can use your OS or music player to move the channel balance all the way to the left so you will be able to hear everything.
As to whether you think it's worthit, well only you can determine that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back