"complete" recable wire?
Mar 5, 2012 at 10:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

imranh101

New Head-Fier
Is there anywhere I can purchase a "complete" recable wire? 
The wire that runs through the headband of my HFI 780 got pulled inside somehow and my right ear doesn't work - using a piece of speaker wire to contact the right driver straight to the contact points on the "chip" inside the right cup works, meaning that there is a break in the wire - I tried to figure out where and couldnt. I am pretty hand with drills and soldering irons, so I figure a recable shouldn't be too hard for me... but I don't feel like spending the time and money and trying to find all the equipment needed to attach my own 3.5mm plug to my own cable and add my own split and all that...
So, is there anywhere I can just buy a pre-made cable, ready to "install" into my headphones? 
Something like this : http://www.zynsonix.com/Graphics/Gallery/Fullsize/TCSS-Headphone-Cable.jpg
for example.
So all I have to really do is solder it onto the drivers and be done (more or less)?
Thanks in advance.

Mar 5, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 10
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/547685-REG/Sennheiser_083380_H_83380_Replacement_Cable_.html

just what the doctor ordered

though mind you the chord is about 10 feet long!  probably can't be shortened also because most have a little hard plastic clamp molded around the chord 1.5 feet away from the tips.

if that is enough of a deterrent I'll make you one for 20 dollars including shipping made out of a rean black/gold plug and canare wire with a silver cloth-nylon sleeving and shrink-tube joint

Mar 6, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #6 of 10
i understand, just wanted to make sure that you were even interested in my offer before i whip one up.  I'll post a pic once i'm done (it's not that much effort ).  If you're not interested in it afterwards then don't worry, i need an extra cable for a project that's coming up anyway.

Mar 6, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #7 of 10
I just found out that i ran out of lighter fluid so i can't really cut the nylon sleeving since it frays like hell if not burned closed, you can wait another day for pictures to come in right?

Mar 7, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
NIKE + able to integrate the physical movement cheap air max tnof the world with the virtual community elements, and thus tojordans 11 for sale = provide better sports experience for each athlete.jordan take flight "Mark Parker said,"nike air max 95 mens Nike + is not just a pair of shoes.nike air max skyline It combines movement and data,nike air max 95 for sale on behalf of NIKE from providing products,cheap air max 2010 converted to product + experience level. "nike air max 2012 mens Through nike air max 2011 cheapthe Nike + cheap nike air max 24-7Basketball track of my race "(Track My Game) mode, measuring athletescheap air jordans 7 in the field jump height, jordan flight 9speed of movement, griffey 1as well as against the strength. Nike + basketball shoes can track every movement in the game, at the same time feedback to users,cheap air jordan 4 tell them where to improve.nike air yeezy for sale When a goal is achieved,cheap air yeezys Nike basketball athletes and coaches will send a message to be encouraged. cheap air jordan 3"Display" mode,nike air max 2009 womens the athletes sports performance combined with the movement data recorded into the movie and video content to cheap air jordan spizikeshare with friends through social networking.jordan high heels for women

a very convincing argument.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back