Complement headphones to the LCD-2 Fazor (other sound signatures)
May 15, 2016 at 12:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

floppiness

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys,

Just looking for some advice, I bought the LCD-2F and I love them. However, I do like to change things up. I was wondering what everyone's opinion would be for a headphone that would complement them? In other words to change things up ever so often. 

My current headphones: LCD-2F, Sennheiser Momentum, Nuforce HEM8
Current source: iFi iDSD Micro 

Budget around $1000 or less.

I really like the Fostex TH-X00 and they seem like a good deal for the price. Also considering the AKG K7xx and maybe just maybe the HD800

Thanks! 

May 15, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #2 of 8
  Hey guys,

Just looking for some advice, I bought the LCD-2F and I love them. However, I do like to change things up. I was wondering what everyone's opinion would be for a headphone that would complement them? In other words to change things up ever so often. 

My current headphones: LCD-2F, Sennheiser Momentum, Nuforce HEM8
Current source: iFi iDSD Micro 

Budget around $1000 or less.

I really like the Fostex TH-X00 and they seem like a good deal for the price. Also considering the AKG K7xx and maybe just maybe the HD800

Thanks! 

You are looking in the right direction. I mean all the cans you mentioned are good for a change to complement LCD-2F. 
As a suggestion I would add PM-3 to your list. Try them if you can. 

May 15, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #3 of 8
Hey guys,

Thanks! 

I am happy with the Oppo PM-3 as a complementary closed headphone. Good for listening wiithout disturbing others, and also for bed time listening... lighter and more comfortable than my LCD2F.

May 15, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #5 of 8
By complement, I'm guessing you are referring to something with a different sound signature? I also have the LCD 2.2F and would recommend something from Audio-technica. I really enjoy AT's house sound and think the AD1000x and A1000x are some of the most underrated / uncommon phones that money can buy. These represent a huge bang for the buck, IMHO. I enjoy my ATs more than any of my other phones. I would also recommend you look into some of Grado's offerings. I happen to have the RS2e. They have a completely different sound signature than the LCD-2Fs, with more emphasis on the mid and high frequencies.

May 16, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #6 of 8
Yes, when I mean complement headphone I'm meaning a different sound signature. I just picked up some AKG K7XX from a member here. But also looking for another closed can. I really have my eye on the Fostex TH-600 but I also was considering the massdrop version. Any other recommendations for a closed can? I'm looking for a V shaped sound sig. 

May 16, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #7 of 8
I really have my eye on the Fostex TH-600 but I also was considering the massdrop version. Any other recommendations for a closed can? I'm looking for a V shaped sound sig. 

I have the Fostex TH-X00 and all I can say is that the sound is incredible. Great Lows and Highs and decent mids, fantastic speration for a closed can.
Decently priced and they also look great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back