Complaints with Creative !!!
Apr 2, 2010 at 10:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

1226su

New Head-Fier
Really fed up with Creative Xtreme Audio PCI-E!!!

When turnning up sampling rate to 96khz and depth to 24bit, sounds become terrible noise, and music playing extremely slows down. I try everything I can and make sure this is not the problem of my PC.

I bought this due to the Creative's market share but totally regret and upset with its function and customer service! No reply and just be ignored.

Comapred with the sound cards of my friends (ASUS Xonar series), I should have bought Xonar rather than Creative!!!

I know this might be a kind of emotional, however, no good experience with Creative!

Apr 2, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #2 of 7
I don't like Creative Xtreme as well. Just like what you said, the sound of Creative Xtreme is not worth for its high price.

From my experience, the Extreme Audio doesn't do EAX well compared to Creative old model and ASUS Xonar series. I'd get the ASUS Xonar simply because it will likely sound better and cost less.

FYI

Apr 2, 2010 at 11:59 AM Post #3 of 7
Two posts from first timers. Anyone technically skilled can get around any problems with Google. Almost ANY computer problem can be solved that way.

Apr 2, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #4 of 7
Anyway, I think I would choose Creative Sound blaster Live rather than Xtreme if Creative is my best choice. Xtreme Audio doesn't use CA20K x-fi DSP but Audigy SE DSP. You are a professional and must know what I mean...

You can also find the X-Gamer for around $50, higher than that of its competitor card but can't compete in functions.

Apr 13, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #5 of 7
Forget about it. Just sent back for repair after Googling all possible solutions but still in vain. Really “impressed” by Creative’s popping sound, unfriendly UI and inefficient customer service… I’ll never go back with Creative again and it’s time to search other soundcards.

Apr 13, 2010 at 7:13 PM Post #6 of 7
Uh...well...I've had issues with Creative products before and they answered my support emails as well as RMA requests within the day. I got back my replacement parts the week after. I'd say it comes down to me living in the United States, and we get preferential treatment. It's apparent that all of the people who have problems in this thread come from countries that don't speak English officially. I don't want to hate on foreigners because I'm an immigrant myself, but would I be wrong in saying that foreigners make the most peculiar (and sometimes pointless) threads on Head-Fi?

Apr 14, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #7 of 7
You know if you would've done you research before buying. Then your experience with Creative would've probably been a lot better...

I never had any problems in the past and i have owned 3 Creative sounds cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back