Compilation of Suggestions for improvement or changes
Sep 30, 2009 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Junliang

500+ Head-Fier
Hey guys.
After a long and thorough thought about the various iems in the market, I decided upon Sleek Audio iems as I like their sound signature, wireless/wired capability and their price tag(relative).
I must say that Sleek Audio iems/customs are one of the most versatile product out there in the market like the Variable EQ system to tune the trebles/bass, option for wireless or wired, glow in the dark customs.

Hope you guys don't pin-point me as a fan-boy or a staff of SA, but this is what I feel and I think that SA's product have alot alot of potential to excel even further, hence my choice of SA out of all the other companies like UE, westone out there.
happy_face1.gif

So, this thread is dedicated to suggestion for improvement, changes to the current products in SA, and NOT a complain thread mind you.

I will be compiling all the suggestions in the first 2 post in this thread.
Of course, I will ignore those ideas that are simply "impractical", or "worthless".

And Please state a reason for that suggestion, that idea or change.

Now, let me start the ball rolling.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legends
S-> Suggestion
R-> Reason

Suggestions/Ideas

S1) Option to sell Sleek Audio proprietary barrel ports(those at the end of the cables) in the Accessories Section at the "Buy Now" Area. (Contributed by Junliang)
R1) So that we DIY-ers out there will have the option to DIY our own cables for our sa6/ct6.(Crystal-cabled CT6 anyone ?
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

S2) Allow the wires for the wireless W-1's receiver to be detachable. (Contributed by 1hrSleep)
S2.1) Of course, make the detachable short cable available for sales
R2) For easy replacement of the cables if there were to be any problems happening to it.
R2.1) Cheaper to replace since it is only the cable, and not the entire wireless W-1.

S3) Modify the switch or the opening of the "on/off" switch for the W-1 wireless kit (Contributed by pseudohippy)
R3) Its hard to manually on it even with fingernails, and getting a pen everytime is a hassle

S4) Change the plugs on the cables to ones with threading.
R4) Using adhesive to hold the plug and the cover together is not strong enough as that area would be handled often.

Sep 30, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #2 of 8
*Reserved for future usage*

Oct 2, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #4 of 8
The power switch on the W-1 is way too small. Wish it was easier to turn on and off.

Offer a remold service for those of us with the old model SA6. Since the original version were so weak in the durability department which is somewhat admitted by Sleek hence the newer more durable model I think it would be fair that everyone that is stuck with the originals can get a "reasonable" discount on the CT6 with the return of the old model.

Oct 3, 2009 at 7:28 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The power switch on the W-1 is way too small. Wish it was easier to turn on and off.

Agreed.
Even with short fingernails, I cant manually on/off the W-1.
Had to use a pen.

Oct 3, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1hrSleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about a single LED battery indicator? Green/Yellow/Red.

The current system has it.. right ?
red for charging, orange for in process,blinking for different situations.

Oct 3, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junliang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The current system has it.. right ?
red for charging, orange for in process,blinking for different situations.

They don't tell you how the battery's doing though (I think...).

Nov 27, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #8 of 8
Here is another one from me.
As seen by the picture posted here
img0241edited.jpg

The plug is only strengthen by adhesive and doesn't look strong to me.
So I suggest the usage of such plugs with threading(refer to diagram below), as it would tighten the plug and the cover such that the above scenario would not happen at all.
ddd9_35.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back