Compass vs. Little Dot DAC
May 23, 2009 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Epicfailman

100+ Head-Fier
Well, from what I can find, it seems that for the $300 range and lower, the Audio-gd Compass and the Little Dot DAC are the two best options. Which is the best for me?

My current setup is Asus D2X > Little Dot I+ > AD700
I just purchase a pair of HFI-780s. Further down the road I would like some D5000s and likely some K701s. Hope this helps! Thanks guys!

EDIT: I accidentally forgot to add a poll. Could a mod please add a poll: "Which DAC to buy?" with the options "Audio-gd Compass" and "Little Dot DAC" ?

May 24, 2009 at 11:14 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Epicfailman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, from what I can find, it seems that for the $300 range and lower, the Audio-gd Compass and the Little Dot DAC are the two best options. Which is the best for me?

Unless I'm missing something, Little Dot is an an amp--not a DAC. The Compass is a DAC/Amp.

May 24, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoreman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unless I'm missing something, Little Dot is an an amp--not a DAC. The Compass is a DAC/Amp.

Little dot has a new dac coming out - http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/upc...ot-dac-405327/

I would wait for reviews, as it's impossible to tell yet.

May 24, 2009 at 12:41 PM Post #4 of 5
If you're looking for a DAC only, I'd compare the Little DAC with one of DACs that Audio-GD has released and not the Compass.
A better comparaison fitting the price range would be Little Dac vs. DAC - 200 н¨ÍøÒ³ 1

May 24, 2009 at 12:48 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by saintalfonzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Little dot has a new dac coming out - http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f7/upc...ot-dac-405327/

I would wait for reviews, as it's impossible to tell yet.

Guess I did miss something! Too focused on the Compass I guess. Thanks for the heads-up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back