Comparison of the giants Fourte Blanc vs Radon6 vs Raven vs Multiverse Mentor
Sep 25, 2023 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Trance_Gott

Headphoneus Supremus
As everyone knows, the Fourte Blanc is with me for months at the top of the list of my absolute favorites. Since I am now also in possession of Radon6 and Raven I wanted to compare them with each other instead of reviews for the individual models to create. It should also still join the Multiverse Mentor, but this is still a bit of a wait, especially since not available in Germany. By the way, the other three models are all available from Thomas Halbgewachs (headphone.store), who sells by far the most IEMs in Germany and has them in stock. You can also listen to and compare almost every model in the demo. For the lightning delivery of Radon6 and Raven I want to thank him again at this point!

DSC_0267.JPG

All three IEMs are limited edition versions. The Blanc is limited to 400 units, the Radon6 to 300 units and the Raven to 400 units. I have the Launch Edition of the Raven. This differs from the later unlimited version in that it has a gold faceplate instead of a black one. The limited version also has a large gold coin with the number x of 400 embossed on it. I have to say that the packaging on the Raven is really ingenious and you can see that it's a prestige item. I think with such a high-priced IEM, the wrapping is simply part of it. The Blanc and Radon6 are kept a bit simpler.

DSC_0256.JPG

PXL_20230907_133010835.jpg

DSC_0084.JPG

The included cables are all very high-quality and high-priced. The Blanc and Radon6 cables are pure silver cables with copper coating. For the Raven, Empire Ears created the R7 cable in collaboration with PWAudio. A copper cable with an AWG 26 core and another AWG 25 layer with 4 core conductors each connected together. In addition, a rhodium 4.4mm connector. With the three models, the urge to upgrade the cable hardly comes up for me. I have done some experiments with my Lavricables IEM Grand Line and was able to make the Blanc even a tick more audible. With a Radon6, for example, I find the custom-made cable from FIR Audio already fabulous and it fits like a glove. Even with the Raven, you can get here and there even more in audibility but I find that then goes at the expense of the musicality, which delivers the R7 cable. But of course it all depends on the source. And here I use of course again my fabulous iBasso DX320 MAX Ti, which already brings the thrust for the musicality from home.

All three are easily driven at gain level 1 and my listening volumes barely go above 2-3 o'clock. The Raven requires a bit more power than the other two.

Tonally, all three are different. I would describe the Radon6 as an absolute reference tuning, a sonic magnifying glass that does not particularly emphasize any area and comes across as neutral over the entire frequency range for me. Due to the Kinetic Bass technology, however, the bottom end becomes an absolute experience and is perceived differently than measurements suggest, more on that later. The Blanc has a slightly raised bass range with a reduction in the midrange around 1Khz. The Raven also has a raised bass range and a cut of 3-4Khz. The lower treble around 6Khz is also slightly boosted. The Fourte Blanc sounds warmest overall, followed by the Radon6 and the Raven sounds brightest. At first I thought the boost around 6Khz might be a problem as Resolve also shows in his review video. With very high volumes and many successive cymbal hits, I could not really make out the problem myself, but rather guess. By the way, the Raven benefits even more from Burn In than the other two and already seems smoother after 10 hours than in the initial state. It is also a diva when it comes to the use of eartips. For me it was an hours long search for the right tips. Because either they did not sound so good or had no seal. I then stopped at the CP155 from SpinFit. The supplied Final E tips also work quite well, but are too warm and bassy for me in the presentation. Most of my other tips do not produce a good seal. The Raven has a large nozzle and is also still very large. Strangely enough, I have no problem with comfort using the CP155. Here I use a number larger as with my Blanc, L instead of M. With the Radon6, by the way, the AEX 50 and the Coreir brass crystallized as by far the best tips. At the Blanc as already mentioned also the CP155.

DSC_0268.JPG

Let's start with the bass range. The Radon6 offers the most brilliant bass. Thanks to its Kinetic Bass technology with the open ports, it makes this range as noticeable and lively as no other IEM I know. But it's not this feeling of an integrated sub like the Raven represents, but you can literally feel the kicks in the midbass area. A feast for every metal and EDM fan. You can also increase the bass range with the included filters. Standard is the red filter. For me, he plays with this filter also the most balanced. The black filter with 2dB more in the bass is also still okay. Above it, it is too much for me and other areas suffer. The Raven doesn't show any weakness in the low end either. It is simply a different presentation than with the Kinetic Bass, qualitatively just as good only different. You feel it more in the way of integrated subs in the sound spectrum. To that end, it kicks midbass almost as hard as the Radon6 with red filters. Kinetic Bass vs. Bone Conduction, both use a different approach to make the experience palpable to the listener and both accomplish it in their own way. Now you might think that the Blanc has by far the worst bass range. But I can't agree with that. 64 Audio has done a great job here and improved the dynamic driver compared to the regular Tia Fourte and Noir again significantly and the result can really be heard. Qualitatively, it plays on the same level and is so wonderfully integrated into the rest of the tuning, plus gripping when necessary, so that I have absolutely nothing to complain about here either.

The Radon6 is the liveliest IEM with forward momentum in the mids. But that doesn't mean that it has screaming mids and would be annoying. It absolutely does not. It is intoxicating and invites you to bob along. The other two with their recessed mids (albeit in other ranges) seem a bit more restrained. I have to say I like the tuning of the two very much as a contrast to the Radon6, because I tend to sit further back with it and the action is illuminated more from a distance. It also suggests an incredibly deep stage imaging especially with the Raven. With the Blanc, it leads to the warmer never intrusive playing style and just fits very well with the rest of the frequency range. For me, the Blanc continues to be one of the best tuned IEMs ever!

In terms of stage, Radon6 and Raven set a new benchmark. I don't know of any IEMs that sound more airy and spacious. The Radon6 has an airiness that I only know from a Hifiman Susvara. Probably this is also due to the open ports. These have a disadvantage that I do not want to conceal. When I listen to loud music in the bedroom next to my wife, the sound also pushes out a bit. It is the only IEM that my wife can perceive when I listen to music with it. Not a big deal for me, as I have other IEMs for this purpose and also listen to IEMs not only in the bedroom, but walk around the whole house with it and in the garden as well. The Raven also has an exceptionally large stage that stretches even further than the Radon6. The Blanc produces a slightly smaller stage image, but instrument separation on par with the other two IEMs.

The Raven sounds minimally brighter than the Radon6, which is probably due to the boost around 6Khz. Both deliver a resolution that absolutely does not ignore any sound event. The integration of the electrostatic drivers in both is terrific. Absolutely nothing is annoying and it is audible without end. The Blanc with its TIA tweeter drivers also delivers everything to me on a platter.

The last few days of comparisons between the Radon6, Raven and Blanc with my usual reference recordings have shown me that there is no "worse" and "better" here, but only a "different". I place great value on a coherent tonality with natural reproduction and all three deliver that albeit each in a different way. For me, the Radon6, for example, is an acoustic magnifying glass that I use in case I want to hear everything easily. The Raven a genius in terms of EDM and metal and the Blanc an all-rounder that no matter what I put in front of him never disappoints. Now I have a luxury problem. Especially since probably still the Multiverse Mentor sometime arrives...

Sep 25, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #2 of 9
FR looks like crap and that's a 4K IEM.

Not like this in mids and highs. I understand that Resolve takes U12t any day vs Raven.
I don't like this kind of IEMs with far far away from neutral and natural sound. Sorry that's my opinion. Who likes it can buy it I accept other opinions sure.

So these comments no longer stand?… 😉

Sep 25, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #3 of 9
Measurements are only one side of the whole truth.
At the end you must hear any IEM and headphone like resolve said we are all humans and some are more sensitive then other in some frequency area. For sure the Raven is not neutral as I wrote. But man this is some fun IEM for Metal and EDM!

When you quote me then please the whole story see one of my last posts after yours in the Empires thread:
Maybe I must try it. Measurements only are not the whole story that's also true. I respect and agree Andrew Parker he was absolutely right in the past with the LCD-5 and I agree 100% with this story and his EQ profile.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #4 of 9
Measurements are only one side of the whole truth.
At the end you must hear any IEM and headphone like resolve said we are all humans and some are more sensitive then other in some frequency area. For sure the Raven is not neutral as I wrote. But man this is some fun IEM for Metal and EDM!

When you quote me then please the whole story see one of my last posts after yours in the Empires thread:
I’m glad you have come to realise this, maybe don’t be so quick to judge as per your first comment “FR looks like crap and that's a 4K IEM” In future. It wasn’t until subsequent comments that you conceded that measurements aren’t everything….

Also, amending your post long after the discussion had moved on calling people “fanboys” for an opposing point of view is disingenuous. Something for future reference.

Sep 26, 2023 at 1:32 PM Post #5 of 9
My comparison phase is over and today I listen exclusively with the Raven. It's incredible what a holographic stage it conjures up and when the bass kicks in with Metal... spectacular. I'm still looking for something disturbing but can not find anything. The peak around 6Khz just fits the rest of the tuning or I'm there more insensitive as others?

Oct 3, 2023 at 7:01 AM Post #6 of 9
In the meantime I switched to SpiralDots on the Raven and it sounds even better then CP155.

Holy moly this album with Raven... :)
Bass is spectacular and the soundstage unbeaten by my other IEMs. The highs with SpiralDots are a little bit more tamed then with CP155.
EG_TA-C_3000x3000.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #9 of 9
As everyone knows, the Fourte Blanc is with me for months at the top of the list of my absolute favorites. Since I am now also in possession of Radon6 and Raven I wanted to compare them with each other instead of reviews for the individual models to create. It should also still join the Multiverse Mentor, but this is still a bit of a wait, especially since not available in Germany. By the way, the other three models are all available from Thomas Halbgewachs (headphone.store), who sells by far the most IEMs in Germany and has them in stock. You can also listen to and compare almost every model in the demo. For the lightning delivery of Radon6 and Raven I want to thank him again at this point!

DSC_0267.JPG

All three IEMs are limited edition versions. The Blanc is limited to 400 units, the Radon6 to 300 units and the Raven to 400 units. I have the Launch Edition of the Raven. This differs from the later unlimited version in that it has a gold faceplate instead of a black one. The limited version also has a large gold coin with the number x of 400 embossed on it. I have to say that the packaging on the Raven is really ingenious and you can see that it's a prestige item. I think with such a high-priced IEM, the wrapping is simply part of it. The Blanc and Radon6 are kept a bit simpler.

DSC_0256.JPG
PXL_20230907_133010835.jpg
DSC_0084.JPG

The included cables are all very high-quality and high-priced. The Blanc and Radon6 cables are pure silver cables with copper coating. For the Raven, Empire Ears created the R7 cable in collaboration with PWAudio. A copper cable with an AWG 26 core and another AWG 25 layer with 4 core conductors each connected together. In addition, a rhodium 4.4mm connector. With the three models, the urge to upgrade the cable hardly comes up for me. I have done some experiments with my Lavricables IEM Grand Line and was able to make the Blanc even a tick more audible. With a Radon6, for example, I find the custom-made cable from FIR Audio already fabulous and it fits like a glove. Even with the Raven, you can get here and there even more in audibility but I find that then goes at the expense of the musicality, which delivers the R7 cable. But of course it all depends on the source. And here I use of course again my fabulous iBasso DX320 MAX Ti, which already brings the thrust for the musicality from home.

All three are easily driven at gain level 1 and my listening volumes barely go above 2-3 o'clock. The Raven requires a bit more power than the other two.

Tonally, all three are different. I would describe the Radon6 as an absolute reference tuning, a sonic magnifying glass that does not particularly emphasize any area and comes across as neutral over the entire frequency range for me. Due to the Kinetic Bass technology, however, the bottom end becomes an absolute experience and is perceived differently than measurements suggest, more on that later. The Blanc has a slightly raised bass range with a reduction in the midrange around 1Khz. The Raven also has a raised bass range and a cut of 3-4Khz. The lower treble around 6Khz is also slightly boosted. The Fourte Blanc sounds warmest overall, followed by the Radon6 and the Raven sounds brightest. At first I thought the boost around 6Khz might be a problem as Resolve also shows in his review video. With very high volumes and many successive cymbal hits, I could not really make out the problem myself, but rather guess. By the way, the Raven benefits even more from Burn In than the other two and already seems smoother after 10 hours than in the initial state. It is also a diva when it comes to the use of eartips. For me it was an hours long search for the right tips. Because either they did not sound so good or had no seal. I then stopped at the CP155 from SpinFit. The supplied Final E tips also work quite well, but are too warm and bassy for me in the presentation. Most of my other tips do not produce a good seal. The Raven has a large nozzle and is also still very large. Strangely enough, I have no problem with comfort using the CP155. Here I use a number larger as with my Blanc, L instead of M. With the Radon6, by the way, the AEX 50 and the Coreir brass crystallized as by far the best tips. At the Blanc as already mentioned also the CP155.

DSC_0268.JPG

Let's start with the bass range. The Radon6 offers the most brilliant bass. Thanks to its Kinetic Bass technology with the open ports, it makes this range as noticeable and lively as no other IEM I know. But it's not this feeling of an integrated sub like the Raven represents, but you can literally feel the kicks in the midbass area. A feast for every metal and EDM fan. You can also increase the bass range with the included filters. Standard is the red filter. For me, he plays with this filter also the most balanced. The black filter with 2dB more in the bass is also still okay. Above it, it is too much for me and other areas suffer. The Raven doesn't show any weakness in the low end either. It is simply a different presentation than with the Kinetic Bass, qualitatively just as good only different. You feel it more in the way of integrated subs in the sound spectrum. To that end, it kicks midbass almost as hard as the Radon6 with red filters. Kinetic Bass vs. Bone Conduction, both use a different approach to make the experience palpable to the listener and both accomplish it in their own way. Now you might think that the Blanc has by far the worst bass range. But I can't agree with that. 64 Audio has done a great job here and improved the dynamic driver compared to the regular Tia Fourte and Noir again significantly and the result can really be heard. Qualitatively, it plays on the same level and is so wonderfully integrated into the rest of the tuning, plus gripping when necessary, so that I have absolutely nothing to complain about here either.

The Radon6 is the liveliest IEM with forward momentum in the mids. But that doesn't mean that it has screaming mids and would be annoying. It absolutely does not. It is intoxicating and invites you to bob along. The other two with their recessed mids (albeit in other ranges) seem a bit more restrained. I have to say I like the tuning of the two very much as a contrast to the Radon6, because I tend to sit further back with it and the action is illuminated more from a distance. It also suggests an incredibly deep stage imaging especially with the Raven. With the Blanc, it leads to the warmer never intrusive playing style and just fits very well with the rest of the frequency range. For me, the Blanc continues to be one of the best tuned IEMs ever!

In terms of stage, Radon6 and Raven set a new benchmark. I don't know of any IEMs that sound more airy and spacious. The Radon6 has an airiness that I only know from a Hifiman Susvara. Probably this is also due to the open ports. These have a disadvantage that I do not want to conceal. When I listen to loud music in the bedroom next to my wife, the sound also pushes out a bit. It is the only IEM that my wife can perceive when I listen to music with it. Not a big deal for me, as I have other IEMs for this purpose and also listen to IEMs not only in the bedroom, but walk around the whole house with it and in the garden as well. The Raven also has an exceptionally large stage that stretches even further than the Radon6. The Blanc produces a slightly smaller stage image, but instrument separation on par with the other two IEMs.

The Raven sounds minimally brighter than the Radon6, which is probably due to the boost around 6Khz. Both deliver a resolution that absolutely does not ignore any sound event. The integration of the electrostatic drivers in both is terrific. Absolutely nothing is annoying and it is audible without end. The Blanc with its TIA tweeter drivers also delivers everything to me on a platter.

The last few days of comparisons between the Radon6, Raven and Blanc with my usual reference recordings have shown me that there is no "worse" and "better" here, but only a "different". I place great value on a coherent tonality with natural reproduction and all three deliver that albeit each in a different way. For me, the Radon6, for example, is an acoustic magnifying glass that I use in case I want to hear everything easily. The Raven a genius in terms of EDM and metal and the Blanc an all-rounder that no matter what I put in front of him never disappoints. Now I have a luxury problem. Especially since probably still the Multiverse Mentor sometime arrives...
I have the mentor and it is also IMO excellent for metal. It may not have the bass that the RN6 or the Raven have but there’s nothing that can match its soundstage IMO. Although my interest is piqued in this new iteration of the raven. I think I want to try them even though they look like they are for an elephant lol. I don’t have big ears but hopefully I would able to get a good fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back