Comparison between Audio Technica A900, " " CK7, Sony MDR-V6, and Audioengine A5
Mar 17, 2008 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

eccdbb

New Head-Fier
OK, I can't tolerate my stinko "multimedia speakers" anymore, so I'm planning on upgrading. How do the sound qualities for these headphones/earphones/speakers compare? I figured there's more headphones than speakers so I'll just post in this section. I currently use a Sony MDR-V6 and computer speakers. These are the things I have in mind:

Audio Technica ATH-A900
Audio Technica ATH-CK7
Audioengine A5 or A2
Aperion Intimus 632-LR (just for curiosity)

How would you list them in order of whose better/worse? and why?

For the speakers, how do the A5 and A2 compare in terms of loudness, sound quality and bass? If they're about the same, I'll settle for the A2 and save money. I currently use bad Yamaha multimedia speakers rated 10 wpc with a 25w bass and turn up the volume to a max of half way.

Most of the time I'll be at my desk listening to music, so portability is not a great issue- that is until I get a DAP. How do the A900's compare with the Audioengine speakers and for curiosity the Aperions? Maybe I'll just get one of the former 2 because having great headphones and speakers at the same desk is kinda redundant. Also, I definitely cannot fit a receiver/amp on my desk, so I need speakers with integrated amps.

My budget is max $300, stretchable to 350 if my parents allow, and of course other suggestions are welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back