Comparing the XD200 and HD201
Jul 14, 2005 at 10:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

GreenEggs313

100+ Head-Fier
Cheap headphone shootout!

been kinda switching back between these two phones. My source is my computer, driven from an average soundcard.

I 'modded' my XD200's to make them more comfy, basically by using wire cutters to remover the plastic part of the headband. Now only the soft rubber sits on my head and it's much better feeling. To press the headphones to my ear, I use my HD25sp headband, sans the drivers, to clamp them to my head. The HD25sp headband actucally notches in pretty nicely between the cups and the sliding plastic parts that adjust the headband size.

I'm not the best at describing the differences between headphones though, but I'd say the XD200's have more bass, so if you're a basshead you'd probably prefer the XD200s. They also seem to sound 'fuller' than the 201s. The 201s sound kinda empty and dry. I would think some people might actually prefer the dryer sound, but i don't know.

I like the XD200's better, I think. Both are great values for the money. I have a hard time deciding which is "better" because I really enjoy both of their flavors.

Jul 17, 2005 at 4:02 AM Post #2 of 7
been loving my XD200's lately!

they have big bass with great slam! great for rock/rap/electronica.

also very comfy and have a nice soundstage.

I've been using them exclusively for the past few days, I think I really like these things.

Jul 17, 2005 at 4:16 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHoboFest
first, you just answered to your own post? Second, this would be good to be linked to the other thread, I'll find it and do it.

more of an update. this thread is a day or two old

Users who are viewing this thread

Back