Comparing the SE115 with SRH840 and SRH440
May 27, 2009 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

miko

New Head-Fier
Anybody knows how the SE115 compared with the SRH 840 and SRH 440 in terms of sound isolation and audio quality? I am very sensitive to noise. I hope to block all the loud talking completely. Thanks.

May 28, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 9
Very difficult to say since the latter two headphones you mentioned aren't even out yet?

From what I've read though, 840's are comparable to SE530's which effectively means that they'd destroy SE115's sound quality wise. It's reputed to isolate noise decently as well. Then again, in all this, you would be comparing a full size headphone to an IEM which really isn't fair in the first place...

May 28, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #3 of 9
Thanks for the reply. Size is not a factor in my purchase. The most important factor is sound isolation followed by comfort and sound quality. The SE115 is in-ear and the SRHs just cover the ears. I wonder which is better for sound isolation.

May 28, 2009 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 9
Oh, I see why you'd be comparing them -- they're around the same price point, the SE115 & SRH. Well, in all likelihood, SQ-wise the full-size headphones will demolish the SE115.

If you want sound isolation, definitely get an IEM but don't go for the SE115! There are far better IEM's out there at around that price point. Why not try an Etymotic ER4P, they definitely have some of the best isolation + great SQ (a little bass shy though).

May 28, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #6 of 9
Yes, IEM stands for In Ear Monitor - they were first used by professionals on stage to protect their hearing and still hear what they are playing.
And yes, the SE115, SE530, and ER-4P are all IEMs. The SRH-xxx are Shure's new headphones. Headphones will typically destroy an IEM for sound quaity at the same price point.

Aug 30, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #7 of 9
Give me any full-size headphone that can beat the Phonak Audeo PFEs for that type of money... have you tried looking into a pair of these mate? You won't be disappointed...

Nov 7, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by akqrate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Give me any full-size headphone that can beat the Phonak Audeo PFEs for that type of money... have you tried looking into a pair of these mate? You won't be disappointed...

SRH840 amped.
wink.gif

Jun 9, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #9 of 9
I wear my SRH440 at work, in an open office, and they do not isolate well at all. Pretty surprising for a pair of supposedly closed headphones. I can hear everyone talking around me, even people at a distance....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back