comparing supreme and the cosmic...
Jun 13, 2002 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

matthewd5

Head-Fier
hello.

i am chomping at the bit to listen to the supreme and the cosmic this sunday at the head phone world tour...

however i am also volunteering so i'm not sure how much time i'll have to listen, and i am also afraid when the moment arrives i'll not know what to listen for etc.

so if you guys can help me think through the differences i should look/listen for between the supreme and the cosmic, and then also the difference between the cosmic and the cosmic reference...

should i bring my own source cd? is it better to use a cd that you have listened to a 100 times and know well?

i will be using senn-600's with whichever of these two amps i get.

last stupid question, are they selling amps at the demo tour? do you get them there or do you have to wait for it to be shipped?

thanks

matthew

Jun 13, 2002 at 3:34 PM Post #2 of 7
Matthew

I think you'll find with the Meridian 588 as a source, the differences between Supreme and Cosmic will be easy to hear.

If you want to buy an amp from the tour stop, Tyll will have a PC set up so you can order online if you have a credit card. He won't be taking cash on the spot nor carting amps along with him. I think he will, on the other hand, offer a discount of some sort if you order that day or so.

For what it's worth, I like the Cosmic a lot.

Jun 13, 2002 at 4:01 PM Post #4 of 7
The Cosmic was my first major amp purchase (AirHead was my first amp). In my transportable Traveler rig, the Cosmic continues to amaze me with any phones I choose.

The Cosmic is an astonishing amp.....and should be much larger to perform the way it does.

The Cosmic is a bitch!

biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2002 at 4:51 PM Post #5 of 7
ok thanks for the replies...

my source is an nad c-541

what about the differences between the cosmic and the cosmic reference?

is my source good enough to hear the difference?

matthew

Jun 13, 2002 at 5:00 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by matthewd5
my source is an nad c-541
what about the differences between the cosmic and the cosmic reference?
is my source good enough to hear the difference?

My theory is if the Cosmic will be used with the home system spend the extra for the Reference version. Especially if the Base Station is a possible future acquisition. The performance of the Cosmic Reference with the Base Station is suppose to be close to the Maxed Out Home.

Jun 13, 2002 at 5:12 PM Post #7 of 7
i may use it at home, i will probably use it mostly at work with the nad 541 and senn-600's

i have to order another pair of 600's for home. its too much of a hassle bringing them back and forth and half the time they get left at the office.

matthew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back