comparing mp3 players for SQ
Jan 9, 2006 at 11:22 PM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by sno1man
The zen micro is kilometers better than the rio karma.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Better in what exactly, I always hear that Rio karma sounds better, or u r not talkin about the sound quality !
personaly i wish that the zen micro is better cause I'm afraid of getting that Karma with faulty hard drive ..

Jan 9, 2006 at 11:46 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Outlaws
Better in what exactly, I always hear that Rio karma sounds better, or u r not talkin about the sound quality !
personaly i wish that the zen micro is better cause I'm afraid of getting that Karma with faulty hard drive ..

I was actually being sarcastic and following up on what Blessingx had said.

What is accurate is that all the good DAPs sound pretty good especailly when paired with a good set of phones. In other words that whole "synergy" thing.

I have a zen micro and like it and use it with yahoo music for the subscription content. Pair it with a set of shure e3 or 4 and the sound is very good to my ears. Balanced and not overly bright with decent bass.

I prefer the nano over the micro for general use mostly based on design (small size, scroll wheel, bright screen). It sounds excellent as well especially when paired with ETY E4P's . Tight bass and very detailed sound.

I liked my Karma, but had reliability issues: three failures with a year. It did sound very good though especially with the shures e2's i had at the time.

I think the sound quality is far, far more dependent on the phones used. Ideally audition several of the players you are interested in with them and then decide.

Jan 10, 2006 at 11:11 AM Post #18 of 18
now i can be convinced with your opinion both (sno1man & blessingx)
and thanks for all support
I feel more comfortable to get the zen micro, so now I'm waiting to get it,
and I'll start with sennheiser PX100, hoping that it is a good upgrade from KOSS KTX-Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back