comparing canal phones for comfort PLEASE HELP
Jul 7, 2004 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Pinny

100+ Head-Fier
Unquestionably, the Sony ex71s are a world more comfortable than the Shure e2s. To the point that I use the Sony's eventhough the sound quality is far inferior. My question then is, how comfortable are the er4ps compared to the shures and sonys? Also, has anyone found any other high end phones that are very comfortable. I want to avoid a custom ear mold if possible because I dont have the time to go for a fitting. Also note, I have very small ears (the smallest sony tips fit me perfectly).

Jul 7, 2004 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 7
No, but I'm considering it. Thanks for the quick response!

Jul 8, 2004 at 12:03 AM Post #4 of 7
I just ordered a compromise: sharp md33s. They're meant to be as comfortable as EX71s, but with a better, more even sound, less overbearing bass, and better highs.

I tried E3s and found the highs to be very lacking, and the comfort not brilliant but not bad either. I only tried them for a few hours though, but i'm used to foam earplugs.

Jul 8, 2004 at 12:22 AM Post #5 of 7
If you like the sound of the Shures, there's always the more expensive method that requires no mods, the E3. But they cost $80 more than E2s. Personally, I find these much more comfy than the E2s ever could be (driver housing is much smaller).

Jul 8, 2004 at 1:20 AM Post #6 of 7
Comfort of canal phones really depends on personal preference and the shape of your ears.
If you prefer EX71, ER-4P might have a chance. I find my ER-4S very comfortable, especially with black foamies. But I tend to use triple flange because they isolate better for me, and still comfortable enough. (Well actually my ear canals became somewhat tough over years that I can take almost anything. LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back