Compare headphones - best practice
Dec 29, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #16 of 18
His sarcastic remark was misunderstood, he misunderstood the comment about it as provocation. There was war and we all died for nothing. Then I revived, came back in time, grabbed my laser cat and shot some comments out of the thread before it was too late. Thus preventing WW3. Typical 2020 stuff.
But as you all know, tampering with the timeline of this universe is something we can only do so many times before it overlaps with another one and everything blows up. For that reason and no other, I beg you to let this go, and focus on how to compare headphones.

Dec 29, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #17 of 18
You could try and see if it feels like you're close in perceived loudness with white or pink noise, that would work better for subjective impression than an objective approach at one given frequency. But then it's a rather vague matching by ear, so maybe don't obsess over whatever impressions you'll get that way?

You can get pretty close by playing noise and putting a cup from one can on one ear and the opposite one from the other can on the other and balancing level until the pink noise sits right in the middle of your head. Swap them back and forth a few times (R/L cups and R/L ears) to fine tune.

Castle, do you have a souped up Delorean too?

Dec 30, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #18 of 18
I use a hot tub time machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back