Compare and contrast SR71 vs. SM3
Aug 31, 2005 at 8:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

wowie11

100+ Head-Fier
I am not necessarily asking for a "which one is better" recommendation (although your opinions are quite welcome on that arena), but I'm looking more towards your input on the attributes of the SR71 vs. SM3. Thanks in advance Head-fiers!

Aug 31, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by wowie11
I am not necessarily asking for a "which one is better" recommendation (although your opinions are quite welcome on that arena), but I'm looking more towards your input on the attributes of the SR71 vs. SM3. Thanks in advance Head-fiers!

That's a tough one when it comes to sound characteristics, since the SM3 varies DRAMATICALLY depending on which op-amps (a plethora) and what configuration (# of buffers, output biased, class-A...) the SM3 being characterized is utilizing.

What you're asking is sorta like comparing one Godiva ice cream flavor to Baskin-Robbin's 31 flavors.

It may be better to do a search since this comparison has been done often and many impressions have been made of both amps, or PM specific owners of SM3's for their opinion if they were able to do a comparison between their SM3 configuration and the SR71.

Heck, SM3 owners can't even agree on what op-amp they like best!
580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back