Comparable Headphones to the Sennheiser HD 380 Pro
Oct 29, 2011 at 2:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

xBiocide

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody,

I would just like to start out in saying that the forums have been incredibly helpful thus far. I've read all the "Read this before starting a new thread" sort of deals, and am pretty confident in a decision, but just wanted to through it out to the community over here and see the response.

I am currently looking at the Sennheiser HD 380 Pro, and I have definitely looked into the Shure 840s and the AT M50s. However, so far, the HD 380s are looking rather good. My biggest issue though is the price range. They are pushing $200 (USD) when new, and I am a bit concerned to buy used or refurbished. In general, I am looking at collapsable over the ear headphones with an overall, well rounded sort of performance as my music varies a lot, though tends to lean towards hip hop and trance.

I wanted to see if I could get anything of comparable quality at a lower price; I understand that this may be asking for much, but since you guys know headphones the best, I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. The other issue is that the HD 380s are rather large, with may look really awkward   :\  .

Please let me know if you can think of anything I should look into.  I appreciate it!

Oct 29, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #2 of 2
Hello. I've read that the HD380 is neutral and can be boring. I would recomend the M50s for you. The bump on bass is awesome for hip-hop and eletronic music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back