Compact Monitors Stage 3 Impressions
Sep 22, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #47 of 52
I just tried out the Stage 3 demos and compared them against the JH13 demos and I have to say, the Stage 3s were clearly superior. Neutrality without sounding boring and presenting music very well, compared to the analytical sound of the JH13's that lost out on resolution and detail.

Please take note this comparison was from listening to demos of both CIEMs.
smile.gif

Oct 13, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #48 of 52
x2 I was even comparing Stage 3 demo to the JH16...and Stage 3 is more musical with better resolution.

Jan 28, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #49 of 52
Quote:
x2 I was even comparing Stage 3 demo to the JH16...and Stage 3 is more musical with better resolution.

fully agreed. I've tried JH16, JH13, I don't like their sound signature being analytic and too aggressive. Not sure why and what was with the JH13, I was utterly unimpressed with it, probably due to the bad demo fit, but since I don't like their sound signature, I did not bother to fix the issue and try on. I tried FitEar ToGo 334, it is the most amazing IEM I've ever tried, probably even better than full size headphones in many ways. It has plenty of bass, especially the tight mid bass, with good extension of very low end bass, the bass is slightly forward to me, but it blends extremely well with the upper departments without overwhelming them at all. I was totally amazed with the sparkling treble which I can't find one betters it, yet, it is still with the lovely warm sound. I love blasting it out loud with the FitEar, it is really very nice to listen with. However, due to the crazy price, I can't justify that much over extra value against the CM Stage 3, after all, I find Stage 3 is very very good in its own way.

The 1st impression of the CM Stage 3 was the bass. I wan't to have good amount of bass, but I'm not a bass head. I love the bass extension and the "just right amount" of bass of the Stage 3, it still has tight bass and good low end when it is required so. However, the bass is a little loose compare to some IEMs like Stage 3, JH Audio, the Miracle, but I like that "looseness" which make the bass being very smooth, it still has plenty tight bass when required so, but not the tightest. And I was amazed by its level of details from the mid, separations of the overall sounds, yet, in a very musical way. I personally find the Stage 3 sounds more like a full size headphone more than a balanced armatures IEM, if someone gets what I mean. Balance armatures has some nature of sound characters to it, but I find Stage 3 is very less "pronounced" with the "armatureness" sound which is why I rather describe it being more musical and sounds more like a full size headphone. When referring the treble, I love it too, but at times it can be slightly toward the brighter side to me with some very bright and busy recordings, but the treble is still one of the smoothest to me and I love the level of details with the trebles blends in smoothly with the mid. I can't comment on the soundstage with the universal tips, but compare to others CIEMs, it is either on par or it won't be inferior. 

I made a special request to Jaben Malaysia to arrange Stage 4 from Singapore, to allow me to have more impressions with Compact Monitors products. I read many very positive comments over the Stage 4 from the Chinese websites. However, it did not take long for me to try it because I really don't like that extra bass which make the Stage 4 being too boomy to me preference. The extra bass is affecting the mid at all time, especially the vocal, and I don't find a good CIEM is very balanced with such behavior. So, due to this, and after confirming with many songs I've been trying and comparing with other CIEMs, I took off the Stage 4 and I knew it is definitely not for me.

I've tried the UM Miracle on the same night. The environment was poor, it was at the Mcdonald's, and the owner of the universal tip Miracle left the original rubber tips at home, instead it was with the comply foam which gave me real hard time to have a good seal. Due to that, I was struggling with the audition. However, even with the poor situations, I was still being amazed with the Miracle, I was amazed especially with the bass, especially with so many drivers in it, the company (the China people) have done an amazing job tuning the CIEM with very very refined bass, without being boomy or overwhelming to other sound departments. Same to the mid and high, I'm very confident that Miracle is one of the best sounding CIEM. I won't go too much detail with this. Due to the poor audition situations, and due the ended up costs which I've to bare all myself with the Miracle, instead, Jaben does absolutely everything for me with the Stage 3, and also due to my impression with the Miracle that I still find Stage 3 is more musical in its own way, I was very confused if I should consider the Miracle, but within minutes, I've finalized my decision with the Stage 3. It won't go wrong for me! I just love the way it sounds in my ear.

Sorry for the weird way of writing here if any, English is not my mother tongue. But please keep up with the thread everyone! Because I will be one of the Stage 3 owner very soon! Cheers all!

Jan 28, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #50 of 52
Great impressions! Although I haven't tried UM Miracles for a very long time, I agreed that these 2 are two of the best sounding CIEMs that I had heard. Stage 3 is very good in all genres I throw at. Too bad, it's not very well-known in the Headfi community compared to the Heir's, Fitear, Westone, JH and Earsonics.

Best Luck with your Stage 3!

Jan 29, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #51 of 52
Quote:
Great impressions! Although I haven't tried UM Miracles for a very long time, I agreed that these 2 are two of the best sounding CIEMs that I had heard. Stage 3 is very good in all genres I throw at. Too bad, it's not very well-known in the Headfi community compared to the Heir's, Fitear, Westone, JH and Earsonics.

Best Luck with your Stage 3!

thank you kingice10. For the moment, I'm assuming the Stage 3 would be way better with the final custom shell, hope it is that better, because demo sets is usually only giving us the general impressions out of them. Will be having my ear impressions made and shipped away probably next week, all by Jaben, so this time round, I feel like a king, without needing to do everything much by myself. Really glad that Jaben in my country carries this brand which is extremely rare like what you have said. And they do everything for me inclusive the warranties!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back