Compact Disk vs. iTunes Store
Oct 27, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Further, you actually own your CDs while Apple can change the terms on their downloads.

First I prefer buying CDs because I prefer to have the higher quality. However the above quote is no longer true since Apple no longer applies DRM to their music. True you can not "resell" downloads but you technically can not resell your CDs if you intend to keep the ripped copy. But Apple can no longer set the terms of how you consume the music (i.e. what playback device).

Oct 27, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #17 of 20
The only times I've bought lossy is when Amazon has a great Deal of the Day on an MP3 album, for like $2-3. And, I'll probably replace those with real CDs at some point anyway.

BTW, about that album that sounded better on iTunes, did the iTunes version happen to be louder than the CD? That could have fooled you.

Oct 28, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #18 of 20
If you want to upgrade your Mac, you'll have to ask Apple if you can transfer your license. . . .

But then I *love* renting music from Apple!!! It's so clean, so convenient, so modern!!!

Oct 28, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #19 of 20
I personally enjoy taking a disc out of its case, looking at the insert, and the back of the cd, etc....

Find 'em used for cheap - the local record store near my University has a bunch in great condition from 5-8 bucks. Still cheaper than Itunes, and I like the feeling of "having" the music.

Oct 28, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim3320070 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More important than any of the above comments regarding downloaded/uncompressed are whether the original recording is of quality and if it was compressed or EQ'd to death to sound good on radio- IMO.

That's not a biased opinion, that's hard fact. It's always amusing having people obsess about equipment, then proceed to listen exclusively to new productions of genres that end with -metal or -core.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back