Compact, budget, system+to work with MP3 Player.
Nov 11, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #6 of 11
Curious what you consider "better MP3 player" than the Karma and new iPod?
wink.gif

I'm a big fan of the CSW multimedia and bookselves. CSW doesn't get the respect I believe they deserve for the price point. Take a look at their Outlet for B-stock. Microworks are going for $99. The multimedias are going to be powered though. May complicate things with the receiver. I love my M80s I picked up last year.

Nov 11, 2005 at 9:29 PM Post #7 of 11
Look into a mini shelf system from Panasonic, Onkyo, JVC, etc. -- something that has "Aux." inputs and maybe even an out for an additional sub-woofer, if you really need to crank the bass. For $250 or less, if you shop around, you might find something that will be your output for your portable player, plus that will play DVDs, CDs, CD-Rs, radio, and so forth. These typically have wood or wood-grain veneer on the speakers -- I'm not referring to the boomboxes that look more extreme with each passing year. I play my Rio Karma almost exclusively through a (discontinued) Panasonic DVD/CD player that can fill a normal-size room with sound.

Nov 11, 2005 at 11:38 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
Curious what you consider "better MP3 player" than the Karma and new iPod?
wink.gif

I'm a big fan of the CSW multimedia and bookselves. CSW doesn't get the respect I believe they deserve for the price point. Take a look at their Outlet for B-stock. Microworks are going for $99. The multimedias are going to be powered though. May complicate things with the receiver. I love my M80s I picked up last year.

I have had good service from CSW. But my best purchase from them is the Model 88CD Radio, this unit was designed by Henry Kloss. That thing blows anything in its size/price. If you ever get a chance of picking one up do so.

Nov 12, 2005 at 8:01 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Caliente!
Does anyone know of a stereo system that I will be primary hooked up to an MP3 player but also be able to use with a CD Player, DVD, and an Xbox 360?

Thats the only bad thing about the iFi.

confused.gif

You could always add a receiver and have the receiver output to the 1/8" mini jack on the iFi dock.

I posted this in another thread, but I wanted to point out Klipsch is selling refurbished iFi's at half price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Factory-Refurbis...QQcmdZViewItem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back